Secret Convert

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Geo, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Has one of our members Gone over the wall to become an American RVer and is keeping it secret
    Can you guess who, or am I the last to know as usual:Doh:
    Geo

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I know who he is... He is not normally shy:Laughing:

3. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Well, it aint C.L.S. Mark.......he went the other way! :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

4. Adria 5

Adria 5 Read Only Funster

:Eeek::Eeek:

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Not that "Other Way" you Little Britain Fan You :BigGrin:

6. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Fret not Ray .................... Mark sold his Hurricane and bought a Swift :Doh: :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

7. artona

artona

Hi

Mmmmmmmm, I wonder who it is. Nice one about going over the wall Geo :Rofl1::Rofl1:

stew

8. Adria 5

hi great timing when fuel hitting the roof in the uk £1.25 lt for derv soon:thumb:

good one:Laughing:

ray:BigGrin:

9. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Ray you realy must stop spouting such rumours we Rvers are not interested in fuel prices, petrol could go up to £2 a galon and i would'nt care
    looks like its a well kept secret then, shhhhhhhhhhh i wont be spilling the beans, bet its the best move he's made though, it was for me:thumb:
    Geo

10. Adria 5

hi no rumour fact!!:Rofl1: i am open for hire to follow you big boys around:Rofl1: good luck to him/her:Wink:

RAY

11. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

I know too, and yes Geo, you are the last to know :Rofl1::Rofl1:

12. hereford bull

hereford bull Read Only Funster

hey saruman is that your northern soul website ,i love northern soul always have now kids dont come m/homing anymore i can play as much as i like while driving the rv listening to the jukebox now. keep the faith. im on my way

13. artona

artona

Hi

Awwwwww Geo mate you just don't read the right sites anymore.

Have a look here

stew

14. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Thats where I found it, during the blackout I was googling all sorts to try and find a link back home, and your Blog popped up, so i had an hrs nosey and Lo and behold, Artys got a proper motor:thumb: is it petrol? or did you bottle it and go for nancy Derv:Rofl1::Rofl1:eek:r even worse a whimpy Gas conversion:Eeek:
    Geo

15. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Nothing new there Bryan, I was also the last to learn the reason for the Blackout, was you nodding of and knocking the off switch with yer elbow:Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Geo

16. artona

artona

Hi Geo

Thats been my problem f it is'nt a V10 then it,s a whimp, wana push!!!!! , its nancy diesel, how could I admit to that lol

Mind you, after Rays comment on the future price I am going to fit pedals and get Jessica a harness, every bit helps I reckon.

Downside of an RV is they are so comfortable you just want to put your feet up and not go anywhere so I guess they return much better fuel economy than non RVs. :Rofl1:

Seriously all thanks have to go to Shona. She found it and forced the issue.

Its not a biggy but there is so much more room. Downsides - well I never had to empty a loo before but obviously an RV's loo emptying is a mans's job, so who I am going to get to do that I have no idea. Actually I got to do that yesterday. The grate for the sess pit is really hard to get to and unfortunately is gently up hill. Next time before I empty it I am going to have a vindaloo the night before and then maybe the poo will travel uphill :Rofl1:

stew

17. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

C'mon then Stew how long, what size engine, what year?

Tell all:Wink:

BTW:- the macerator will pump it up hills:Wink::Blush:

18. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Your gonna have to bite the bullet and get a Macerater, (up hill s**t shover) I can tell by the pics the two girls have taken to it:thumb:
    Geo

19. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

That's them relaxing in between emptying the toilet in the Euromobil:Rofl1::Rofl1:

20. artona

artona

Hi

Good idea about the macerater I reckon although I do enjoy the phall/vindaloos so they have an added bonus :Rofl1:

She is a classic John ( that means she is ancient) but she is in fantastic order. Shona found 2 that she wanted to look at. The first looked ancient, was worn out, would not start etc etc. I was just saying that there was no way it would work out Shona and we arrived at this one and I realised I might have spoken too fast.

She is a Chevrolet 6.2 Leisure craft. I was amazed at how easy she drove. I thought it would be like a tank but its more like throwing a London taxi cab about. Acceleration is good although we have a problem with top end speed. Its like the Kands bus was - won't go over 45 flat out. We are taking it up to Duncan after Peterborough to get that sorted.

Living wise it really is superb. It started off with a sofa/double bed and two bucket seats in addition to the cab seats. You will see from the photographs that I have removed one of the buckets and replaced it with a computer station. There is room for all our printers here and for two people to work comfortably. The bathroom is all one, which I prefer and has a bath which Jessica loves.

The first weekend we got her it snowed so it was a good test and we were amazed at how warm she stays.

So we really can be a mini-geo (can I be one of those at 22 stone :Laughing:) we have also acquired a 6 seater MPV to tow behind. These little vans are great and are so spacious.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stew