Seatbelts (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think it was a diy self conversion and legal requirements for seatbelts are very sketchy.
So relying on common sense clearly doesn't work, the sooner there is a requirement for all passengers to be restrained in three point belts the better.
I believe the driver who survived was a professional driver who should have known better, but he now has to live with the tragedy on his conscience.
Very sad case.

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee

Coroners report.
ORONER’S CONCERNS
During the course of the investigation my inquiries revealed matters giving rise to concern. In my opinion there is a risk that future deaths could occur unless action is taken. In the circumstances it is my statutory duty to report to you.

The MATTERS OF CONCERN are as follows: (brief summary of matters of concern)
Evidence given during the inquest indicated that there is no legal obligation for seat belts to be fitted in the rear areas of motorhomes, for passengers to use when the vehicle is in motion. Whilst it was not possible to establish whether Shirley Ann Hunt would have survived the impact if she had been wearing a seatbelt, as a wider point of public safety, I am concerned that adults and children over three years can travel in the rear areas of motorhomes without restraint, and that in doing so, this may create a risk to life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back