SDMO INEO 1000 Portable Generator - 900w

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by champers, May 18, 2010.

1. champers

champers Funster Life Member

Learning that the Honda suitcase genny is the best but also the costliest, what is the most used reasonable priced one please?

I have been reading some of the threads but am more confused now, has anyone any thoughts on the >>
    SDMO INEO 1000 Portable Generator - 900w http://www.seddondirect.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=313

Or do the m/h shows offer better prices than online for the Honda..we are at Newbury shortly

We do have a unused Aldi small genny which was fine for the camper van if we should have needed it, but now that we have upgraded to a m/h feel that this would be risky to use after reading the threads and possibly noisy lol

thanx Kath

2. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

:Smile:always a lot of rivalry on here about gererators, I use a Kipor 2600 for emergency and powers everything I need, it's heavy, 26kg so for an old man like me it is a pain getting it out of the locker, only had it a few months, quite happy with it, I don't know iof it's noisy or not because I have not compared it with other makes, think I paid about £400 off ebay brand new but from someone who has a business and was a motorhomer, he supplies all sorts, can't think of hs name but it is something bargains, worth a look.
    kennygd:thumb:

3. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

:Doh:The man you want is Martyns Bargains.
    kennygd

4. ubuntu1

ubuntu1 Read Only Funster

Sdmo

I use and SDMO gennie and it has the Honda engine it. I'm pleased with it but if money is no object go for the Honda.

5. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Run for cover,

Kath has opened up the Kippor versus the Honda debate:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Phil (Leggin' it away as quickly as possible:Laughing:)

6. imprint

imprint Read Only Funster

Yes, but has anyone any experince of the Aldi unit, please?

Ok, it may be no competition for Honda/Kipor on the performance stakes, but when you generally choose sites with hook-ups, cheapness is an advantage. Is it powerful enough to be useful?

A caravanner who took silver at Aldi one Sunday morning a few weeks back - we were on pole position - said when we were chatting about their satellite dish that he found it useful with his van.

7. ubuntu1

ubuntu1 Read Only Funster

Aldi gennie

I haven't seen the Aldi gennie but you need to make sure that anything that you connect to a motorhome has a sinewave output. Most motorhomes have sensitive electronics i them these days and a poor quality gennie can cause a great deal of damage - trust me I've seen it first hand.