Satellite

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by rich g, Oct 5, 2016.

1. rich g

rich g Funster

I have a Manual Maxview Satellite system and its a pain finding a satellite,is it an easy or inexpensive job to convert to automatic.

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I really doubt it can be done to be honest..

3. Big Nick

Big Nick Funster

It's actually very easy to find the signal once you get used to using a signal meter and compass

I doubt you can convert it so would have to remove, sell and fit an auto in its place

4. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

I bet it's like a rubic cube, you can do it or you can not. I am in the can not camp to, finding a signal like a mystic magic. Haha

5. Wagoneer

Wagoneer Funster

I had a manual system for 10 years and became quite proficient at picking up the satellite within a minute or two. It's helpful to use a sat finder and compass as @Big Nick mentioned. If you Google satelliteforcaravans you'll find a lot of useful information.

It's definitely not possible to convert a manual system to auto - at least, I've never heard about it. An auto needs a motor on the roof, linked to a magic black box inside.

My current van came with an auto system. In France this year it threw up an error message which I couldn't fix. I was wishing I still had the manual system. So, don't give up on your manual system, it's bullet proof, once you get the hang of it.

PS. If you use a sat finder don't keep it permanently connected. Once you've found the satellite, turn off the power to the digibox and disconnect the sat finder. Then use a flylead to connect the 2 ends. Push-on F connectors makes life so much easier. Then power up digibox. Bingo !!!

• Funny Funny x 1