satellite dish lnb

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by walburga, Aug 15, 2009.

1. walburga

walburga Funster

I've been given a sat dish which I hope to use in Spain. It's an offset dish, 1.2 m high X 1.1 m wide, but the lnb and its clamp are missing.
    I've seen a couple of items on ebay which may be suitable as replacements, but I'm no expert, so what do the experts think ?
    The lnb arm of my dish is a long section of 30 mm x 20 mm steel tube.

Would a 40 mm lnb adaptor ring, commonly used to enable up-graded lnb's to fit a 'sky dish' arrangement, fit my lnb arm ?
    And, would a 'Smart 0.1dB Single Titanium (3rd Edition) TS Universal LNB' be suitable for my dish ?

The items I've seen are sold at / by this guy :- (not sure how to post a link).

eBay My World - systemsat_direct

regards
    Allen

2. andycotterell

andycotterell Read Only Funster

Are you anywhere near a branch of Maplin's? They're usually quite knowledgeable about this sort of thing and they can supply all the parts.

3. walburga

walburga Funster

Went into Maplins Preston on Friday. They all stared at each other and offered to sell me a new dish, as well as giving me some rubbish about not receiving a sat signal on the french med coast without a 2 metre dish ! I've been watching most channels with a zone 1 sky dish, drifts a little after dark, but acceptable.

Where's sat guy man, he'll know ?

Allen

4. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

Have a look at Ebay item number 350207601755, it comes with all the diferent adaptors to fit diferent tubes. You can tape up the spare conections.

Andy