sat removel

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Family Guy, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Funster

thinking of swopping my oyster sat for a camos dome is it hard to remove and what price do you think i could get for my old system only swopping due to wanting an inmotion sat

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Ill remove it for free and dispose of it too
    What are mates for:thumb:
    Geo
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Simple enough to remove covering the hole might be a problem if the other one doesn't.
    secondhand, who knows but I have £50 sitting here for it, hee hee.

4. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

When we had our Camos system fitted the fitters said that if we changed unit or system they would come back and move or remove the system - they have special cover plates to seal up and new plates for refitting. We had ours fitted at NEC Feb and the fitting was free on a special show deal. Possibly might have got a better price elsewhere but with free fitting it was a good deal:thumb:

5. adventure

adventure Read Only Funster

The Oyster is quite easy to remove, it is best to leave the fixing plate on the roof and just remove the motor unit, the wire enters through a fitted cable gland so you will need to remove the four screws and slide a paint scrapper under to break the seal, the camos dome will fix back over the exsisting plate and the supplied cable seal will cover the hole, so it is quite easy.
    You should get a good price for the oyster it depends on how old the system is, Ebay is a good place to sell a system if its the vision one I would say around six hundred a vision two around eight hundred, the new owner would have to buy the fixing plate an original would be about £130 :Smile: