sat nav through radio /play music ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Terry, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Terry

Terry Funster

I am sat thinking about things (dangerous;))
    Question --I have a Relay van with radio/cd player that goes up and around TOP OF dashboard -big thing- so not sure if I can change unit which operates from buttons on steering wheel -OR is there a sat nav that can operate sound through the radio some how and could also play music again via radio from the card reader from sat nav ?
    No idea if it can be done but I have just been reading about one of the truck (cheapo£40 ish) sat navs that sounds like it may do what I want it to do but not sure if it will do it or not ?
    Got to be better than paying a fortune for a replacement unit for the relay that plays memory sticks and does not then operate via the steering wheel buttons -Can anyone advise if it can be done please ? or is my brain telling me lies /simple solution :LOL:
    terry
    edit hope you can understand what I want to do

2. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

I tried yesterday to play the radio through my Chinese sat nav but all I got was the directions through speakers. You can add music snd play that though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Sandra do you mean I can add music to the sat nav device and play it through the radio ?(y)
    If so that is more or less what I want to do play music from a card/stick without having to change the whole Relay unit (y)
    I could simply set a sat nav up through the player and a different one to actually work as a sat nav OR IT MAY BE POSSIBLE FOR THE ONE SAT NAV TO DO BOTH JOBS (y)
    terry

4. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

You can also buy one of these. I got one and it works! You just find an unused FM channel on your radio and the device links to it and plays anything from your phone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terry

Terry Funster

Cheers Mags (y)That sounds even better --I have a old phone or two laying around so that may well save me having to buy another cheapo sat nav (y)
    Does it have to plugged in all the time or recharged -just thinking if it needs a socket for the device and one for the phone then another for the sat nav -I can handle 3 sockets (y):LOL:
    terry

6. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

It runs for a few hours before it needs a charge. It can be charged while you're using it too. I got one of those double USB chargers for the times when I needed two things charging at once.

7. Terry

Terry Funster