sat here pissing down

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by laurieash, Feb 11, 2015.

1. laurieash

laurieash Funster

Sat here on site at portomao by the marina been raining all day needed to fill with fresh water but field waterloged, so rather than move put some containers under the run off points on the motor home, filled a 100 ltr tank in less than half an hour so 2euro saved as I only use the water in the tank for washing and shower toilet, so rain is no a bad thing now and again. I like to do a bit for the environment.

• Like Like x 5
  2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

OH...... what a shame.... :(

Could alway`s go to Benidorm and play in the snow... :giggler:

Or come home and enjoy the spring like sunny double figured temperature day`s we are having.. :nod: :nod: :giggler: :roflmto:

• Like Like x 8
  3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Raining in Portugal..........Never :D.
    I must have been asleep when it snowed in Benidorm Mo. There was a scattering on the distant mountains the other day, the sun soon burned it off though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

My mum and dad have just got back from lanzarote for 2 weeks. It was freezing cold and rained most days too.

5. Kim H

Kim H Funster Life Member

It was bloody freezing in Benidorm last week. I'm glad we've moved further north and found some sun (y)

6. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I saw a few mh collecting rain water from their vans. Good idea for washing.
    We're in Quarteira, went to the water filing point, put in our 2 euro, filling our tanks merrily and a french man came and stood waiting with a bucket for it to be filled with any excess water.
    We had friends there so asked them to get their containers for The excess. We were amazed that the french man was there waiting for any excess water With a bucket. Must have collected quite a bit of free water in a week

• Like Like x 1
  7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

did you mean south ?

no matter..

where is the Beni 'micro climate' gone then ? :whistle:

I've always maintained Almeria is the best place for winter sun.. it also has the lowest rainfall..
    ..but there is nowhere on the peninsula that has all round warm winter sun.. for that you need to go further south..

8. mickymouse

mickymouse Read Only Funster

If it was me I would be washing the van with the excess water, we have been on aires in Portugal and see people using the cassette washing water to fill their tanks rather than pay two euros, Last year we were staying on a aire by the French / Spanish boarder and quite a few vans left site a 5.30 in the morning before the council came to collect the fees and returned to use the services when they had left. {Tight B********}

9. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

[QUOTE="and a french man came and stood waiting with a bucket for it to be filled with any excess water.
    We had friends there so asked them to get their containers for The excess. We were amazed that the french man was there waiting for any excess water With a bucket. Must have collected quite a bit of free water in a week[/QUOTE]

We'll have to ask Frankie what "free loading tosser" is in French :D Are you on the market aire at Quateria ? We had a look round it and the site over the road when we were visiting friends there last March. They rent an apartment for 6 weeks from November and have just returned yesterday for another 6 weeks. They said they only had two weeks good weather in November, but still warmer than here (y)

10. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Yes. We were at that site until yesterday. Have to get off for the gypsy market for wednesday.,Peeing down a lot in this area. Still warmer than the uk as you said.
    We're in Armacao de Pera . Peeing down again last night. Nice now though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. wanderer

wanderer Funster

We have been at Cabo(Almeria) since October and have had 2 rainy days and 3 rainy nights even the wind has been good. There was a big blow mid Oct and another weekend before last otherwise its been great maybe a little chilly the last week or so. Your right Jim its the driest and warmest in Europe for over -wintering

• Like Like x 1
  12. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Best place is here. " City of the Sun ".
    Weather people only forecast rain to give us farmers hope. Very rarely happens.

13. cydersyd

cydersyd Funster

Second days rain here in Vera but warmer now than it has been.

14. JJ

JJ Funster

Freezing and steady rain all morning so far here in El Berro, Sierra Espuna...

I am OUT OF HERE...

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Nice site if you are into the campsite thing.

20150211_135629.jpg

20150211_135657.jpg

JJ :cool:

15. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Mmm where is the velosolex these days JJ retired?
    as to the OP " sat here pissing down", tis a sign of old age get used to it, hee heee

• Like Like x 1