Sat finder for manual dish (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
It depends how you want to use it. A simple £10 "swingometer" will suffice if you have had lots of practice and understand how to identify the sat you want to watch. If you need more tech then something like this seems quite popular and will do pretty much everything. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31448926...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I have two Spectrum analysers from my work days in the shed but a bit OTT for taking in the van, before I fitted an auto dish I used my old faithful Horizon meter, trade quality but rare now and still expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Would one of these be good enough?. Set my home Freesat dish with one a few times

It depends how you want to use it. A simple £10 "swingometer" will suffice if you have had lots of practice and understand how to identify the sat you want to watch. If you need more tech then something like this seems quite popular and will do pretty much everything. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31448926...d=link&campid=5338547443&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I have two Spectrum analysers from my work days in the shed but a bit OTT for taking in the van, before I fitted an auto dish I used my old faithful Horizon meter, trade quality but rare now and still expensive.
Thanks, I’ve got one of those cheap swingometers, I’ve no patience’s for them.

The teleco was very simple, when it worked.

wuzzlewood

Free Member
Dec 28, 2020
Gower
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 3
Exp
since 1990
I used one of these for a couple of years without any issues. I used to recon I could find the right satellite quicker than the automatic dishes!
I bought one from eBay for about £30. Excuse the euro price we are in Luxembourg and my Amazon thinks I live here now!

IMG_1931.jpeg

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I used one of these for a couple of years without any issues. I used to recon I could find the right satellite quicker than the automatic dishes!
I bought one from eBay for about £30. Excuse the euro price we are in Luxembourg and my Amazon thinks I live here now!

View attachment 761768
Has anyone used one of these ?

Feb 23, 2023
Hawarden, Deeside, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
Since 2019
Hi,

My Teleco DSF80 I bought has messed up after a software update.

Teleco and the UK importer are a complete waste of time.

Could anyone suggest an easy to use replacement please !?

ET
Isn’t there an app for your smartphone for that?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back