Sargent Electrical control panel.

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by knokinonabit, Jan 22, 2014.

1. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

I have posted this info on the thread titled Autotrail woes, but thought it would be useful to others.

If your motorhome electrics are Sargent and they are a PSU EC500 with an EC 480 CP151 PSU111 control panel and you have been having any issues with lights not switching on or off etc., there is an upgrade of the software from Sargent, which a dealer can install.

If you need the details you could e-mail Sargent who , I'm sure, would be happy to oblige.
    The person that replied to me was Dan Howlett.
    dan@sargentltd.co.uk

Hope this is helpful to someone. :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Sargent aftercare sets the standard others will never ever achieve, top company :thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I have the same panels, only issue I have is that the dimmer switch doesn't work.
    I am taking the van to the dealers on Friday, I'll have word with them about it.
    Allan

4. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

It would appear that the dimmer switch is the main cause of the problems, so I would definitely ask the dealer to install the upgrade.

Would you post and let everyone know how it went.

If I was you I would contact Sargent first and then take a copy of the reply to the dealer.
    If you PM me with an e-mail address I will forward the info I received.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  5. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

Allan, did you get anywhere with the upgrade to the panel ?

6. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Touch wood, had no problems with the lights etc. Got a leaky habitation door seal:Doh: Thanks for the Sargeant info, will be handy in the future.

Watching Martin Lewis in his Chieftain on ITV+1 just now:thumb:

Bill

• Like Like x 1
  7. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I spoke to Sargent about a couple of things. Apparently the dimming function isn't available on my van, so no need to worry about it. I am currently fitting frost stats and lagging to the water tanks. I have a frost heater button on the EC480 panel but no frost heaters fitted although a relay operates when I press the button. After speaking to Sargent and telling them what I am doing, they have sourced a wiring harness that plugs into the back of the EC500 panel so I can operate the heaters from the control panel. Saves me drilling holes and fitting remote switches.
    Top marks to Sargent in helping me with this, plus, I was quoted a price for the harness but when I paid it was much cheaper.
    Allan

• Like Like x 1
  8. knokinonabit

knokinonabit Funster

My (our :Blush:) AutoTrail also has the switch for heated tanks but there are no heaters fitted.
    I was going to have this done by AutoTrail but will contact Sargent first to see what they come up with. :thumb:

9. Allanm

Allanm Funster

If you want to hang on a bit, I'll see what the wiring harness consists of and update the thread. It was £30 so I hoping it's not just a large Molex connector and 4 wires!
    I bought the frost stats from Cak Tanks, they draw less current than the Tankblankets and as they are fitted on the inside of the tank, all the heat they generate is used.
    Allan

• Like Like x 1