Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Hi all received this email yesterday allegedly from Santander bank.
I thought it suspicious so haven't acted on it but logged on in my usual way and there is no mention on the official site about this alleged security module but how many people will be taken in by this sort of thing..

Dear customer,
A new security method was developed by our IT engineers, which purpose is to protect online accounts from unauthorized usage and third party access.

For this new feature to be added to our online banking system our members are required to update their profile information by clicking on the following link:

Click here to go to the Secure Module
Broken Link Removed

We take online security seriously
Your online security is our priority, but we need help to keep you safe. Remember to be vigilant of your security at all times.
You are required to update your account one-time only and will take 3-5 minutes of your time, after completing the secure module correctly you can continue using your account as usual.
Please note that failure in updating your profile will result in suspending your account.

Thank you,
Santander

Last edited:

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Oerrr...not liking sound of that. :Sad:
We with Santander and we didn't have the "honour" of this email. They use "Trusteer" or whatever for security and you have option to use or not? :Angry:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I'm sure that if it was genuine it would have been addressed to you personally and not "Dear Customer"
There are hundreds of these attempted fraud emails around .... just delete it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
There is probably an email address on your real Santander website that you can forward the phishing email to.

It gives them something to work on to stop it happening again.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I never ever ever open an email alleging it's from my bank and certainly never click on a link - they will always contact you through your on-line account!:Smile:

Same goes with Ebay and Paypal - I always check my on-line account for communications.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Of the three banks we use two have told me they will never send an email to me and one said they may send an email but it would never contain a link..

As others have already said, NEVER click on ANY link allegedly from ANY organisation

If it says it is from eBay, then the message will be in your eBay account.
DO NOT CLICK ON A MAILED LINK, open your browser and go to eBay and look in your messages

Same goes for PayPal and indeed any other organisation including mobile fone companies and even places you would not think of, such as Gumtree, charity organisations and even social clubs or forums you may belong to.

A scammer is after one thing... information.
Once they have your log in details for the most innocuous of sites it is fairly easy to work from that to get all manner of information

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back