Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
This keeps crashing , just switches itself off and then back on again for no apparent reason.
Made a strange gurgling sound last night for around 10 seconds then crashed. A flash of light like a ligntning strike goes across the screen for a milisecond then it closes down and starts again needing the backup password and not the fingerprint I'D.
Is around 2 years old.
Is it about to crash permanently or is it fixable?
Ps. I've just started to use a 64gb sd card in it that I purchased from ebay, would that cause it?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I had similar trouble with my Note 4.

I even did a factory reset but still had crashes etc.

I got really fed up!

Since turning off my finger print operated screen lock, things seem much better. I have just had 24 hours without any problems.

When I "asked Google", it did say an SD card might cause trouble but it made no difference when I removed mine.

However... I do suggest removing the card as a first step...

Don't give up... I am sure you will sort it in due course.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I had similar trouble with my Note 4.

I even did a factory reset but still had crashes etc.

I got really fed up!

Since turning off my finger print operated screen lock, things seem much better. I have just had 24 hours without any problems.

When I "asked Google", it did say an SD card might cause trouble but it made no difference when I removed mine.

However... I do suggest removing the card as a first step...

Don't give up... I am sure you will sort it in due course.

JJ :cool:
Thanks@JJ I'm being frustrated with it too, I'll take the fingerprint off first as I need the card in it. perhaps use a different card,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
It could be the card. Some do not have the capacity they claim to have but are doctored to make it appear so. Make one change at a time. I'd try it without the card.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've just started to use a 64gb sd card in it that I purchased from ebay, would that cause it?

Quite possibly, especially if it's an unbranded one or worse a fake branded one. That's not a just a Samsung/Android mobile issue. Those cards are known to cause issues across most platforms and types of device.

Stick to good quality brand name cards and if you see them on eBay or somewhere massively cheaper than they are from proper retailers then assume they're dodgy and don't buy them.

PAGR

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2013
Camberley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
I had a similar problem with mine, flashes across screen and multiple restarts and also strange battery level readings. Looking online, I found that this problem has often been caused by a loose battery connector.
Bought some little plastic levers from ebay, opened the back and reset the connector. It's been fine for several months since.

Reactions: JJ
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I had a similar problem with mine, flashes across screen and multiple restarts and also strange battery level readings. Looking online, I found that this problem has often been caused by a loose battery connector.
Bought some little plastic levers from ebay, opened the back and reset the connector. It's been fine for several months since.

It can be any of the ribbon cables coming loose, again not an issue particular to this device.

You need to be confident you know what you're doing before you start taking one to bits though and should never do it yourself if the device is still under warranty.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Last night my Samsung smart tv (about 3 yrs old) suddenly started turning itself off and on again. Checked all leads etc,etc with no luck. Got onto t'internet and read loads of suggestions about very complicated causes and remedies but noticed one about putting new batteries in the remote. As they've never been changed since I bought it I changed them. Hey presto! Problem solved! I know this doesn't help you but just goes to show there can be a simple solution. Still don't understand how dead batteries in the remote can turn the telly off and on, especially when you're not even touching it!:/

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Quite possibly, especially if it's an unbranded one or worse a fake branded one. That's not a just a Samsung/Android mobile issue. Those cards are known to cause issues across most platforms and types of device.

Stick to good quality brand name cards and if you see them on eBay or somewhere massively cheaper than they are from proper retailers then assume they're dodgy and don't buy them.
It is a SanDisk but as you say it could be fake?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It is a SanDisk but as you say it could be fake?

It depends what card it is, there are lots of different types. You can get a basic SanDisk 64GB SD card for £14.99 from somewhere like Argos whereas a 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro 280MB/s one is around £120.

The difference between them is the write speed they are capable of which is critical for some applications.

An Extreme Pro one from eBay for £25 almost certainly won't be genuine. It might just be a basic 64GB one with the wrong label on it which won't do any damage or it might be something completely different - different size, different type, different speed - with some software on it to fool devices into thinking it is what it claims to be. These are the ones that can cause problems.

If you really need the performance of a higher range one then forget eBay. Buy it from somewhere reputable and pay the right price.

I buy mine from Wex Photographic Link Removed

They are a good place to use as a price check even if you don't buy from them. Their pricing is usually pretty much spot on so anyone much cheaper than them, on any product, should ring alarm bells.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
64GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD SDXC Class 10 80MB/s UHS-I Memory Card.
This was the one, I don't know much about the write speed of SD cards, is this a good one?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
64GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD SDXC Class 10 80MB/s UHS-I Memory Card.
This was the one, I don't know much about the write speed of SD cards, is this a good one?

Yes, it's an OK mid range one. Probably good enough for most peoples requirements. 80 meg a second write speed is plenty in a phone unless you're shooting a lot of HD video.

£25 from Wex. How much did you pay?

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I paid £15, which is why I bought It but I'll be more careful in future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back