Sad! (1 Viewer)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Whilst parking the motor in storage, I noticed a couple that looked worse for wear.:eek:
I know that some people's lives change and they are not able to get out in there vans, but Isn't it a shame that they let them get in this state.:(
They would be better off getting rid of them.

Burstner on a 53 plate
upload_2017-2-8_13-36-28.png

Ford on 52 plate
ford.jpg

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
If it's wet and they're parked facing north it won't take long to get in that state

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
There is a caravan opposite us in storage that makes those 2 look pristine, so sad.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Your obviously not familiar with the latest Motorhome style fashion....................Camouflage Chic............. I expect Gok Wan is happily living in one of them !

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I see this happen with boats. Someone's partner has become ill or passed away, and the owner doesn't have the strength or will to maintain their dream afloat or to sell it and be done.

Very sad indeed

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Mine is disgusting too. It is parked under a tree at storage and we arn't allowed to clean our vans on the premises. I do pay at car wash places every so often to have it cleaned but literally within 2 weeks the roof is green again with gunge dripping from the tree .. and then a week later starts running down the side. Total waste of money to clean it and really peed off that farmer not cut tree down. :(

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
There is a huge RV at my storage place looks like that. :( The farmer has turned it over every few months but now does not bother as it's run out of petrol.......as his fleet of brand new Range Rovers don't use it, I just love farmers :mad:

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Where abouts is this please as would be interested in contacting the owner if the burstener. With the view to buy and refurbish. Roy
now don't be tempted, British is best remember(y)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
The Burstner wouldn't take much to get it looking good again. I valeted a Hymer last year that was a lot worse, it had spent two years under a willow Tree and it cleaned up really well. The green algae doesn't do any harm, but it will give black moss a start which can eat through the van roof.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Ours looked like the Burstner after driving home from Chippenham the other day! :D

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Whilst parking the motor in storage, I noticed a couple that looked worse for wear.:eek:
I know that some people's lives change and they are not able to get out in there vans, but Isn't it a shame that they let them get in this state.:(
They would be better off getting rid of them.

Burstner on a 53 plate

Ford on 52 plate

I think you might be on the same compound as us, as I'm sure that's a the sorry looking Burstner parked on the same row as us.
There's also a Hymen :whistle: that's in a very similar state

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I leave mine like that, filthy from it's last trip and all over winter until washing it for the first trip in June. Best security there is, nobody would dream of nicking it. (y)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I leave mine like that, filthy from it's last trip and all over winter until washing it for the first trip in June. Best security there is, nobody would dream of nicking it. (y)
Maybe BUT I have had several customers who want their van cleaned (looking like the Burstner) because they are fed up with travellers knocking on the door wanting to buy the van, probably think they can get it a silly price.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Boating is the same .. Some really nice boats out on the water and ashore just sit there year after year. We had one near us paid to have it lifted in and out £200 a go then mooring fees and fees when ashore. I talked to one of the others on the moorings and no one had ever seen anyone on the boat. The MH is probably not worth a great deal but at sometime in the future they may want to use it.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I often see both motorhomes and caravans on storage sites and know that some haven't been moved in years. With storage between £300 & £700 per anum somebody is wasting a lot of money.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I notice vans sitting beside houses - and they never seem to move from one year's end to the next, getting progressively greener and sadder. Such a shame.

Our van gets moved regularly and will be in use as a spare bedroom this weekend as we have lots of visitors.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I often see both motorhomes and caravans on storage sites and know that some haven't been moved in years. With storage between £300 & £700 per anum somebody is wasting a lot of money.

There is a house near us and no one has been near it for at least 2 years. We've been here 15 years and used to see the owners once every six months when they came to check the house was still standing. Very basic maintenance was done 8 years ago when the council threatened a possession order but that is it. I think it must be a worry to the owners (and it is losing value not appreciating in value) so why don't they sell it???? I've spoken to the adjoining property owner and he is fed up with the situation..... there just doesn't appear to be anything anyone can do.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
There are two villages we go through near us .and each one has a very sorry looking hymer packed up outside house.
Both by the main road .they never move .they look awful.
I suspect neighbour's arn't too pleased.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back