RUT241 (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2021
Swansea, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 442
I have a Teltonica RUT241 router which refuses to stay connected to wifi . It Is a new to me router. I have got through the initial stages to reach the interface but there are so many options I am unsure as to what I should leave alone and which to change . Any guidance as to how to set this up would be much appreciated.

Aug 15, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT630
Exp
7 years full timing
Can you elaborate on refuses to stay connected to wifi? Are you using it as a repeater, or you can't connect to it reliably?

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
You can go onto the Teltonika site and download the latest firmware. I did this when I bought our RUT950 second hand and the previous owner said he couldn’t get on with it because of similar issues. I’ve had no problems with it.

OP
OP
B
Jan 27, 2021
Swansea, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 442
Can you elaborate on refuses to stay connected to wifi? Are you using it as a repeater, or you can't connect to it reliably?
Hi. I can connect to the router OK, but when connected to wifi It tells me I.m connected but after around ten seconds It drops out. I have tried a reset and softwear update so far.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Try using a different WiFii band, if there are other routers in your area in range on the same band it can cause conflicts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Download a WiFi analyser to your phone. That will tell you very quickly if your WiFi is in contention with any nearby. Then you can fix to a quieter channel (at least 2 channels away from any really strong signal.) I don't know the router but many have an automatic channel selection option. Make sure that is off when you fix it to the channel you want.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
When I got my RUT240 I initially had some connection issues.These were solved by rolling back the operating system to a more stable previous version. I've had no problems since I did this a few years ago.

You can download directly from the Teltonica website support pages. Do a web search for connection issues with your router model and you will probably find a recommended operating system version.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
If you've got your home router nearby, your laptop might see the RUT has no internet and is automatically switching back.

It's unlikely a WiFi channel is so congested that you get no connection. I've lived in a block of flats where I could see literally dozens of access points and it still worked.

Have you got a network cable and port on the laptop? Isolate and eliminate the issue.

OP
OP
B
Jan 27, 2021
Swansea, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 442
Thanks all for your replies, we managed to get wifi connected by moving the wifi channel to the ..number one position. and the mobile to number .two. I now need help with the settings for load balance and mode section with wifi as the main channel

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I'm not sure what you moved. WiFi channel 1 is normally the most congested. And you can't change the frequency of the mobile signal.

You shouldn't need to load balance. It's a function for serious network admins that have to balance lots of services over lots of devices. It'll hinder more than it'll help when you're just using it as a home router.

May 21, 2023
Chichester, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057DBL
I think you will find the rut241 does not support load balancing. Only one wan interface can be active at a time.

You may be thinking of failover which would switch to the mobile network for the wan interface if the wireless wan interface is not connected. And from your previous comment I think you already have it configured as you want. WiFi first and mobile second.

OP
OP
B
Jan 27, 2021
Swansea, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 442
Thanks for the replies everyone, Why they can't supply a simple crib sheet with these units I don't know, Although there is a lot of info on the net It tends to be way above my head and confusing, with different opinions depending on where you go for the info.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Thanks for the replies everyone, Why they can't supply a simple crib sheet with these units I don't know, Although there is a lot of info on the net It tends to be way above my head and confusing, with different opinions depending on where you go for the info.
They are designed for industrial use, not consumers. But their features make them very handy for motorhomes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back