Route planning, avoiding Rouen, and low emission zones, from France through to Portugal (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I would apply for a Crit Air badge anyway so that you know where you are - only a few euros.
Use the French Gov website only
The problem with this is that you are volunteering your information so it actually makes it easier for them to prosecute.

When you talk to the French camping caristes, hardly any of them have the sticker because they seem to think it should only apply to Paris.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
From discussion on outandabout

osted October 28, 2022 (edited)
Ok - I received a response from the City of Rouen ZFE Department.
Considering Derek's explication of what "motorhome" means in this context, I'm unsure if one should rely on this response.
I have asked Rouen for clarification regarding foreign registered motorhomes.
Here's the response :
"Sir,
You wanted to know if there was an exemption for motorhomes to drive in the ZFE-m of the Rouen Normandy Metropolis.
We confirm that motorhomes are authorized to circulate in the ZFE-m by way of derogation, until June 30, 2024.

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Starting to plan my route, I was primarily aiming to avoid Rouen's decapitating underpasses, but then realised that actually, avoiding low emission zones is a much bigger problem.
Recently my sat nav took me through Rouen without any tunnels whatsoever. It was a better route if a little busy. It's possible that the sat nav up in the sky has been reprogrammed for that reason.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
What is the problem with these tunnels in Rouen is it height say 2or 3 metres high or more , or is it width ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back