Rouen - crit air - straight from the horses mouth (04july23) (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hello all,

After reading the many posts on here and other less frequented sites about crit air and whether main roads are now included or still excluded from the green zone around Rouen, I contacted Rouen Tourist Office and they’ve kindly replied with the following, which will hopefully answer some questions for some:

We thank you for your message.

Wherever you are in Rouen or outside of the city, if your camping car is a Crit'air 3, you are allowed to drive on every roads and highways. The limit is for Crit'air 4 and 5, but Crit'air 1, 2 and 3 are allowed to drive inside and outside of the city.

You do not need to change your route.

I remain at your disposal for any further information that might be useful to you,

Best regards,

Cécile, your Travel Advisor

Outlook-b0mdqekl.png

Rouen Tourisme
CS 30666
76008 Rouen Cedex 1
T. +33 (0)2 32 08 32 40
visiterouen.com
Outlook-2oe24hw3.png

De : OT Rouen Normandie - Tourisme <hello@news.visiterouen.com>
Envoyé : lundi 3 juillet 2023 22:27
À : Accueil Office de tourisme de Rouen <accueil@rouentourisme.com>
Objet :GAVIN vous contacte
Bonjour,
GAVIN vient de déposer une nouvelle demande de contact sur votre site internet.

La demande de GAVIN a été effectuée depuis le formulaire de contact du site.

Vous trouverez les informations relative à la demande de GAVIN ci-dessous :

Prénom: Gavin
Votre message: Bonjour!
Please will you help with my question?
I plan to travel from Neufchatel en Bray to Oissel in my camping car which is Crit air 3.
I wanted to take the A28/N28 Route around Rouen to connect to the D18E road.
Information regarding the Green Zone is confusing with some saying these roads are not within the Crit air requirements but others saying I can not travel on these roads with a crit air 3 vehicle.
Please will you advise what is correct?
Do I need to change my route?
Thank you & kind regards,
Gavin
Bonjour!
Pouvez-vous m'aider avec ma question ?
Je prévois de voyager de Neufchatel en Bray à Oissel dans mon camping car qui est Crit air 3.
Je voulais emprunter la route A28/N28 autour de Rouen pour me connecter à la route D18E.
Les informations concernant la zone verte prêtent à confusion, certains disant que ces routes ne sont pas conformes aux exigences de Crit air, mais d'autres disant que je ne peux pas voyager sur ces routes avec un véhicule crit air 3.
Pouvez-vous indiquer ce qui est correct ?
Dois-je modifier mon itinéraire ?
Merci Cordialement,

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hello all,

After reading the many posts on here and other less frequented sites about crit air and whether main roads are now included or still excluded from the green zone around Rouen, I contacted Rouen Tourist Office and they've kindly replied with the following, which will hopefully answer some questions for some:

We thank you for your message.

Wherever you are in Rouen or outside of the city, if your camping car is a Crit'air 3, you are allowed to drive on every roads and highways. The limit is for Crit'air 4 and 5, but Crit'air 1, 2 and 3 are allowed to drive inside and outside of the city.

You do not need to change your route.

I remain at your disposal for any further information that might be useful to you,

best regards,

Cecile, your Travel Advisor

View attachment 778395

Rouen Tourism
CS 30666
76008 Rouen Cedex 1
T. +33 (0)2 32 08 32 40
visitouen.com
View attachment 778396

From: OT Rouen Normandy - Tourism < hello@news.visiterouen.com >
Sent: Monday, July 3, 2023 10:27 p.m.
To: Rouen Tourist Office reception < accueil@rouentourisme.com >
Subject: GAVIN is contacting you
Hello,
GAVIN has just submitted a new contact request on your website.

GAVIN's request was made from the site's contact form.

You will find information on GAVIN's request below:

First name : Gavin
Your message : Hello!
Please will you help with my question?
I plan to travel from Neufchatel en Bray to Oissel in my camping car which is Crit air 3.
I wanted to take the A28/N28 Route around Rouen to connect to the D18E road.
Information regarding the Green Zone is confusing with some saying these roads are not within the Crit air requirements but others saying I can not travel on these roads with a crit air 3 vehicle.
Please will you advise what is correct?
Do I need to change my route?
Thank you & kind regards,
Gavin
Hello!
Can you help me with my question?
I am planning to travel from Neufchatel en Bray to Oissel in my motorhome which is Crit air 3.
I wanted to take the A28/N28 road around Rouen to connect to the D18E road.
The green zone info is confusing with some saying these roads don't meet crit air requirements but others saying I can't travel on these roads with a crit air 3 vehicle. Can you
advise what is correct?
Should I change my itinerary?
Thank you Best regards,

Useful to know, thanks! We frequently drive through the outskirts of Rouen, up and down the east side of the river.

Our van has a Crit'air 2 sticker, so should be fine. Phew. :giggle:

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
Phew for me also then, Crit’air 5 just carry on as normal as I have for the past 5 years!!!

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
I’ve mentioned this discussion before from Out and about alive - motorhome matters
but here for older van owners who find Curitiba air registration difficult and crit air 4 and 5

I have asked Rouen for clarification regarding foreign registered motorhomes.

Here's the response :

"Sir,

You wanted to know if there was an exemption for motorhomes to drive in the ZFE-m of the Rouen Normandy Metropolis.

We confirm that motorhomes are authorized to circulate in the ZFE-m by way of derogation, until June 30, 2024.

Cordially

The ZFE-m Team
"

Jan 10, 2020
Droitwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P720
Exp
Since 2015
I may sleep tonight now😂😂. We arrived at La Mailleraye der Saine last night and on our way here there was a road closure and we had no option, but to enter the lez in Rouen. Totally my fault, following the bloody sat
Nav blindly, idiot. We have a crit air 3, I am hoping we will be ok, as I am positively not paying stuff all, if I get done.
This is a massive problem with these lez zones appearing everywhere, money grabbing bloody councils, nowt to do with air pollution 😡😡😡

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Were there major roadworks in the centre of town at the roundabout at the western end of the A13/A28 ? We got caught in it in July, sat nav directed us around the west and south sides of town, and we found ourselves on the péage to Dieppe, had to turn eastwards back to the A28. Not sure if the tunnel was closed, which might have accounted for the detour. We're back in a couple of weeks , and don't want to get caught again!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I may sleep tonight now😂😂. We arrived at La Mailleraye der Saine last night and on our way here there was a road closure and we had no option, but to enter the lez in Rouen. Totally my fault, following the bloody sat
Nav blindly, idiot. We have a crit air 3, I am hoping we will be ok, as I am positively not paying stuff all, if I get done.
This is a massive problem with these lez zones appearing everywhere, money grabbing bloody councils, nowt to do with air pollution 😡😡😡
We did similar in Antwerp, one parked up I went online to check and they actually let you apply from the previous 24hours. In other words if you do as we did you can retrospectively apply for the LEZ pass which Is free, a few others could follow their example.

Jan 10, 2020
Droitwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P720
Exp
Since 2015
Possibly Maromme, check google maps, but, as I said I was in satnav idiot mode. My human navigator is also very poor, hence the reliance on satnav. But, at the end of the day it was down to absolute piss poor planning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back