Ring of Kerry info please.....

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by TeeCee, May 19, 2016.

1. TeeCee

TeeCee Funster

Hi...will I be able to receive TV through my normal rooftop aerial or will I need my satellite set up?....and....I'm assuming we'll drive on the left as in UK? Thanks in advance.

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I imagine you will be able to pick up Irish TV on your rooftop areal .. satellite if you want all UK channels

re driving.. yes on the left..

advice from wiki

"The Ring" is a popular day trip and numerous bus companies offer circuits during the summer months. As the narrow roads make it difficult for tour coaches to pass, all tour buses run in an anti-clockwise (or counter-clockwise) direction, traveling via Killorglin first. Some recommend that car owners travel in the opposite direction, going first to Kenmare to avoid delays caused by tour buses. Others advise traveling counter-clockwise to avoid having to pass the buses. In 2008 satellite navigation systems were blamed for directing bus drivers in a clockwise direction around the route.[2]

3. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

VERY true, going the wrong way causes chaos as we found of a few years back. Luckily we kept our mirrors.
    Lovely country though, IF you very the weather. We did, another blessing.
    Got tv as normal there everywhere with our dish set up.
    And yes they drive on the left.
    Euro zone in the south of Ireland though. I think, don't quote me. It's been a few years.

4. TeeCee

TeeCee Funster

Thanks all....much appreciated.