LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
i dont use one . but thought snowy might . hee hee .
i like to leave mine in the carton . saves washing up later.
silly is the argus beer brewed in portugal yet cheaper in spain . bit like english liquour abroad.
but in tow weeks i should be seeing the snow capped picos de europa coming into view . wwwwhhhoooopppppeee
Sorry Al but I have not had the port decanted since we had to let the butler go. Even though we may have fallen on hard times I would have to draw the line at having a cardboard box on the table, it would be akin to having a milk bottle sitting there :D. We do of course change the sheets of newspaper more often since the tablecloth wore out.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
"Super Bock" and or Argus,and "Snowbird",have you not found another use for the newspaper.?. LOL Recycling ?? Oh thrice lol.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi.
"Super Bock" and or Argus,and "Snowbird",have you not found another use for the newspaper.?. LOL Recycling ?? Oh thrice lol.
Oh yes, we tried recycling the newspapers after we put new sheets on the table, but it did not break down very well and kept blocking the macerater.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
What is the wine I used to drink on the continent with stars moulded into the glass around the top of the bottle. The empties could be returned for a small deposit refund. I used to drink this all the time but not looked for it for some time.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
What is the wine I used to drink on the continent with stars moulded into the glass around the top of the bottle. The empties could be returned for a small deposit refund. I used to drink this all the time but not looked for it for some time.
There used to loads of them. Our first venture abroad was when I started working in Geneva, couldn't get an apartment in the city as it was summer and the Arabs had rented them all so had to rent a place in France and cross the border every day for work. Our local supermarket wasn't very big but being French at least a quarter of the aisles and shelf space was devoted to wine.
We started buying the cheap French wine in the litre bottles just to cook with but one night when we had run out of the proper drinking stuff and in need of another glass or two I decided to try the cheap stuff. Boy did I get a surprise at how drinkable it was.
I've been a fan of cheap table win ever since.
However it was another couple of weeks before we discovered you could get money back on the bottles. Doh!
Gwen says my preference for the cheap stuff may have something to do with me being as mean as cats piss.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
There used to loads of them. Our first venture abroad was when I started working in Geneva, couldn't get an apartment in the city as it was summer and the Arabs had rented them all so had to rent a place in France and cross the border every day for work. Our local supermarket wasn't very big but being French at least a quarter of the aisles and shelf space was devoted to wine.
We started buying the cheap French wine in the litre bottles just to cook with but one night when we had run out of the proper drinking stuff and in need of another glass or two I decided to try the cheap stuff. Boy did I get a surprise at how drinkable it was.
I've been a fan of cheap table win ever since.
However it was another couple of weeks before we discovered you could get money back on the bottles. Doh!
Gwen says my preference for the cheap stuff may have something to do with me being as mean as cats piss.
I think they were bottled but a coop of small local growers but it was always good and of course very reasonable on the pocket. (y)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
used to be a penny hapenny in english money when i was a kid . for 3d you could get a sparkling wine .
think i was about 7 yr old at the time . we also collected bottles that came with a rafis wrapped around them . brought them home and sold them to neighbours so they could make posh table lamps . think the deposits were 10 cents or something daft.
was ok at that age collect bottles bring a few cig lighters home and a couple of flick knives . made us the richest kids in the playground .

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Following the advice of the MHF Wine Panel we stocked up today with 72 cartons of Conde Noble at 59 cents a litre. We've tried it before and like it so we know what we are getting.

We bought it at Lidl at Torrevelengo some 20 km West of Santander. I will post the coords but not today as we are now on the Pont Aven and I left them in the MH!

Many thanks to vwalan for his directions, they were spot on.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dont you mean torrelavaga .
yes if you go under the motorway just up the road from there turn left by the garage it ytakes you to a nice village railway station . sierra panda . we have the odd night there . .
ideal for stocking up. all the main supermarkets are there . if one runs out just go across road to another .plus a good chinese shop there as well. not for food for bits of crappy stuff you know what i mean .

have a safe crossing . will give you a shout or you can me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back