I'm a Tour Guide Rhuallt Country Park North Wales (1 Viewer)

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Just spent a couple of nights here. I have been a few times in the past, as it was being "developed"
They have a posh spa now (white spa) that was delayed opening during lock down pool, massage, sauna, treatments etc...pricey ? but nice for a treat and different for a caravan park. An excellent quality restaurant /bar that has been here for years.

Tarmac road now and the bases are level and good hard standing on slate, EHU, Elsan, Fresh and grey. Ive probably stayed 12 times the past few years and it has always been quiet, (4 of us parked here tonight). Adults only.
dog walking field......barrier entry to the site with remote code emailed before arrival but warden on duty too, felt secure and quiet.

Showers are large and clean, pot washing facilities adequate.
Good walks along part of Offas dyke close by.
Paid £30.00 per night this time Fully Serviced and extra large base with 2 dogs

Jan 20, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
That looks very nice. Do you know if they let dogs into the restaurant area? We are just back from Eye Kettleby Lakes where dogs can go in half of the restaurant, it made such a nice change to be able to eat out locally . Our dog has separation anxiety so we don't leave her alone in the van. Will definitely try the Wales one if that's the same but doesn't mention dogs on their website.

OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
That looks very nice. Do you know if they let dogs into the restaurant area? We are just back from Eye Kettleby Lakes where dogs can go in half of the restaurant, it made such a nice change to be able to eat out locally . Our dog has separation anxiety so we don't leave her alone in the van. Will definitely try the Wales one if that's the same but doesn't mention dogs on their website.
I have seen dogs in the bar / lounge area plenty times and took my two in once which is adjacent to the restaurant (open plan ish) and they serve food at those tables too I think.
Ill ask later

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
If it's the one I know, it can be a bit of a sod to access from the A55 if you are heading West. Simple if you are heading East. But yes - a good site.

OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
If it's the one I know, it can be a bit of a sod to access from the A55 if you are heading West. Simple if you are heading East. But yes - a good site.
nah, wests as easy as east,left off the 55 over the bridge turn right 500yds on a road

OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I went to the bar to ask but only opens at 5:30 today they now have tables outside too if you dont mind sitting out. Ill get better answers later though.

Ill tell you another one that is very dog friendly.....lovely food..small quaint place The Valentine Inn at LLandullas and the Landlord/landlady are lovely
<Broken link removed>
Bron y wendon camp site quarter of a mile away

Attachments

• showers.JPG
    showers.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 28
  • outside 1.JPG
    outside 1.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 30
  • outside2.JPG
    outside2.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 30
  • spa.JPG
    spa.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
The Valentine looks great thanks! I feel another trip coming on, thanks.
I went in the bar last night after a lovely meal in the restaurant, (you can go just for a drink or coffee)
And had my dogs with me, they were given treats from a jar on the bar by the staff, and really encouraged.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Just spent a couple of nights here. I have been a few times in the past, as it was being "developed"
They have a posh spa now (white spa) that was delayed opening during lock down pool, massage, sauna, treatments etc...pricey ? but nice for a treat and different for a caravan park. An excellent quality restaurant /bar that has been here for years.

Tarmac road now and the bases are level and good hard standing on slate, EHU, Elsan, Fresh and grey. Ive probably stayed 12 times the past few years and it has always been quiet, (4 of us parked here tonight). Adults only.
dog walking field......barrier entry to the site with remote code emailed before arrival but warden on duty too, felt secure and quiet.

Showers are large and clean, pot washing facilities adequate.
Good walks along part of Offas dyke close by.
Paid £30.00 per night this time Fully Serviced and extra large base with 2 dogs
We like using the pool so I looked at the costs. If you want to use the pool and leisure facilities it costs £20 for two hours. I had this confirmed by email. That counts us out! We love a site with a pool and leisure facilities but £40 for the two of us to have a swim is extortionate!

OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
We like using the pool so I looked at the costs. If you want to use the pool and leisure facilities it costs £20 for two hours. I had this confirmed by email. That counts us out! We love a site with a pool and leisure facilities but £40 for the two of us to have a swim is extortionate!
I think the pool at Plassey from memory is all in.
Does the £20.00 get you sauna and steam room etc

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I think the pool at Plassey from memory is all in.
Does the £20.00 get you sauna and steam room etc
Yes it does. Still exorbitant price though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back