reversing camera

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gpz, Oct 10, 2014.

1. gpz

gpz Funster

any funsters that have installed a reversing camera can you tell me how you got the cable up to the camera without it showing i have a hymer silverline 562 which has a garage so its fine till i get out off the garage ,but how do you get from garage to camera without it showing any help or suggestions appreciated

2. gpz

gpz Funster

bump

3. gpz

gpz Funster

has no one fitted there own reversing camera

4. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

We have!

I fitted my camera on, and routed my cable through the external trim panels on our Chausson.
    The cable then went under the van, emerging through the cab floor. This way I didn't make any more holes, and potential water ingress points, in the coach built body.

5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

We put a wired one on our previous Chausson coachbuilt and also on our current PVC, the coachbuilt was a bit easier as the internal trim in the camper was more difficult to remove, but neither was particularly hard. The Chausson had a garage so I took the cable in through the rear wall behind the camera into some high level lockers over the bed, then along the inside of them to the corner, out through the bottom into a corner joint/cover, threaded it down into the garage then out through a small hole in the floor, under the van, cable tied to the chassis etc, then brought it up through an existing grommet behind the driver's seat, then under the cab floor trim, round the wheel arch trim, up to the dash and along.

6. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

Mine runs under the chassis, fastened to all the other cables which run there!

It enters via the rubber door trim and rises to the dashboard, held in place by black tape , where it tucks into the rubber join between the dash and the "wall". It then goes up the edge of the windscreen between the two cassettes for the front and side blinds.

It runs along the drop-down bed supports to one of the pivot points, then crosses beneath the bed struts to a small hole which I drilled above the interior mirror (it is a mirror-type screen). The screen hooks over the old mirror.

HTH - Gordon

7. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Mine goes in straight in to the back of the van.
    The cable then wends its way to the right inside the rear cupboards, then forward ( again in cupboards ) until it reaches the shower wall.
    It then drops down through some trunking that is part of the trim, through floor and then reappearing up through the floor just behind the drivers seat ..

I would have run it straight down the back on the out side like others but the design of the Autotrail does not really lend its self to that and would look pretty ugly no matter what I did.

8. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

On my S640 I fed it through the rear cupboards to the corner, then down behind the corner trim, through the garage floor via a gas drop, then along the chassis into the engine compartment through the dash and straight into the monitor plug.
    Live feed was via the ignition for permanent on and via the reverse light switch for reverse only.

:cooler:

9. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

I fed my cable from the camera gradually feeding it through the top of the cupboards, following the path of wiring for the fluorescent lighting .
    Eventually through the bottom of the wardrobe then under the cab step plastic trim & up into the dashboard .
    Bit of a fiddle but it's all still working after nearly a year.