Reversing Camera

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by spongy, Jun 26, 2015.

1. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

My reversing camera has decided not to work it is a Waeco Cam 27 with a M511L monitor neither of which are still available. I would prefer not to have to buy a new one. Does anyone know if it is possible to get it repaired and who to go to in the Hampshire/Surrey area. I have tried Waeco service dept and they were less than helpful which I think applies to The Dometic Group in general. There are several other makes on the market at a fraction of the price of Waeco, has anyone any experience with other makes or would I be wasting my money.

spongy

2. campa cola

campa cola Funster

You can get a camera/screen on ebay for less than £40 and probably a better option than trying to get your old kit repaired. You should probably be able to get your existing wiring to fit Wired or wireless
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=160987179847&alt=web
    Mine has lasted 2 years so far!

3. Feltwell

Feltwell Funster

4. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

Thanks everybody I will give some thought.

spongy

5. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Hi Spongy
    It does sound as if your Waeco is no longer in the first bloom of youth. I too have a Waeco, it was on the van when I bought it. In hot weather the picture flashes, so I investigated getting a new camera. Catalogue says £400. I just noticed that for around £200 I could buy a twin lens camera with a decent monitor included. Waeco seem over-priced.
    Alan

• Like Like x 1