retro-fitting an oven?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sadlonelygit, Feb 14, 2014.

1. sadlonelygit

sadlonelygit Read Only Funster

the search might nearly be over, however the vehicle hasn't got an oven fitted (a requirement this time around from SWMBO).
    anyone had experience of an aftermarket or original retro fit, and a rough cost!!!!!
    it's a french van fyi:Rofl1::Eeek:

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

it all depends if you have a cupboard the right size that can be adapted to fit an oven. its not always possible to retro fit in some vans

cost depends what sort of oven you choose and carpentry needed, but if you usually camp with ehu you could always choose a modern halogen electric oven, which is cheaper and requires less work like gas supply and vents

3. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

Youcould always ask the dealer for a quote:Rofl1:

4. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

My German import did not have an oven fitted and I did not want to lose a cupboard, so fitted a Kampa Roastmaster free standing oven and 2 burner hob in the garage. A great bit of kit that is intended for tent glampers. It runs off its own gas bottle fitted in the garage.

Attached Files:

5. con-tiki

con-tiki Funster

I sacrificed a cupboard to get an oven fitted in my Hymer. The oven cost about £200 but as I had some other things doing I don't know what the cost was for fitting.

Shirl

6. B-well

B-well Funster

I sacrificed cupboard under sink in my Hymer 534 to fit Oven, £60 from caravan breakers yard, Gas feed from manifold was available. all fittings checked after self fitting. minimal amount of cupboard change/damage.:thumb:

7. davanne

davanne Funster

Over ten years ago we had a Frankia a class ...fantastic motorhome but no oven
    My late husband retro fitted an oven into the space of the hob and under slide out cupboard. We were lucky the cooker slotted in just needing a slight infill of work top on the side (piece was used from the work top that as removed round the hob)
    We sourced the cooker from a local horse box manufacturer in fact we stopped it for a fiamma awning that we had. We were going to buy one from Oleary's:Smile:

8. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I think most French vans (such as mine which has an oven) usually have them as an optional extra so there is usually a cupboard suitable for fitting one, often near gas and may have a vent in already.
    We wouldn't be without our oven, which is in daily use, and we'd need even more solar panels to run an electric one.
    Oven in the garage is a good idea, especially in hot weather.