Retracting step (1 Viewer)

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Having just purchased a Chausson Suit Maxi, I would like to ask you guys if anyone knows if the step should retract when starting the engine, and also should it operate with out the power board being switched on?
Thought I'd ask before returning to the dealer or sniffing around myself.
Any help appreciated.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Ours retracts when ignition is switched on.
Panel can be off and will still work as long as ignition is off.
Hope this helps

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Some retract on the ignition but not all by any means, and not sure about the power off mode.

I will add ours is not a Chausson.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi.. I've got the chanson 620.. the step does not auto retract with ignition or engine run on mine.
also the main control panel has to be on for the step to work..
i have found on the odd occasion the step has operated when the panel has just been switched off... i assume thats because the main relay is still held in.. sometimes that happens and on other times it doesn't...
andy.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
IMHO I would have thought. The step should work without control panel being on or you would have to use cab doors on first entry
Our Hymer operates from a switch just inside the hab door

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
IMHO I would have thought. The step should work without control panel being on or you would have to use cab doors on first entry
Our Hymer operates from a switch just inside the hab door
That's far too logical. Lol... makes you wonder who designs the systems sometime .. but that's exactly the way my chausson came... dealer assures me that is correct...
My step is on a list of to do jobs ..I intend wiring it so it works on a permanentt live regardless of panel (and hope that doesnt throw up any unforseen problems ) and to shut when I start the engine... that would suit me...
Andy

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Our Hymer does not retract automatically but has a very loud buzzer that sounds if you start the engine with the step deployed ... we have a button on the dash to retract from the driving position.
We had an automatic system on our previous moho but has been known to cause accidents if somebody uses the step just as you start the engine ... happened to us a couple of times and there is another Funster who was badly injured falling onto concrete when this happened.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
also the main control panel has to be on for the step to work..
i have found on the odd occasion the step has operated when the panel has just been switched off..

My apologies for some miss information..
Picked my van up from storage today opened hab door and was able to open step, much to my surprise..
The control panel was switched off.. but I'm sure on other occasions it didn't work when the panel was off..
So something going on I don't understand..
Andy

John Giblin

Free Member
Dec 24, 2014
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Chausson 620
Exp
April 2016
My new Chausson is exactly the same! Sometimes the step with deploy (although slowly as though the battery is almost flat) other times, not at all. Always OK with the control panel on. Hayes Leisure tell me this is normal and I should enter through front doors. - No auto retract, warning buzzer when ignition is turned on. Would be interested to hear of a way to re-wire, allowing step to work with panel off.
John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back