Arpora

Free Member
Apr 3, 2017
Brodick
Funster No
MH
Low profile chausson
Exp
Does anyone know of firms who are familiar with dometic/heki rooflight repairs. The sheathed winding cable seems to have stretched. I don't feel competent enough to tackle this problem & would prefer to have it repaired by a professional.I have contacted various approved workshops, who inform me that they only replace.
If anyone has had experience with a roof light problem & has had it fixed please let me know which firm fixed it.Scotland or north England if possible.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I was going to suggest Knowepark at Livingston but they probably only replace. The other place that might do it is Mill Garage in Duns but that might be a bit far for you.

OP
OP
Arpora

Arpora

Free Member
Apr 3, 2017
Brodick
Funster No
MH
Low profile chausson
Exp
Thank you for the reply, I'm having great difficulty in finding any firms who repair.
I have already paid £50 for a mobile repairer, which was a waste of time & money.
I was hoping that someone had a similar problem & had sourced a repairer.
I'm willing to travel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Hi,

If you contact Dometic direct in Blandfold and inform them on your location, they will give you a list of approved Dometic technicians hopefully in your area that can help. some are business based and some are mobile.

regards

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Which Heki is it ?
I have just repaired about 6 of the damned things.. I did my own ( would not close properly, then the gearbox decided to play silly sods as well ! ) and suddenly everyone I know had a problem :rolleyes:
I do have some new spares for them ( including drive cables )
There really is nothing too complex about them .. And on the Dometic web site you can find complete parts lists and repair instructions.
I would have been happy to sort it for you foc ( apart from any parts ) but sadly you are not exactly local to me !

OP
OP
Arpora

Arpora

Free Member
Apr 3, 2017
Brodick
Funster No
MH
Low profile chausson
Exp
Thank you for your reply, I wish you were my next door neighbour.
The rooflight is a heki 3 +.
I'll keep searching.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I had problems in the past and could not find anyone willing to fix it. So had to reluctantly tackle it myself using their instruction sheet.
should cover your problem but I do know how you feel about doing it yourself. The good news is that all parts are available, so that if you mess up you are covered.
Depending on where you live, you could look up Motorhome or Caravan repairs. They must repair, replace parts and be familiar with your Heki.

OP
OP
Arpora

Arpora

Free Member
Apr 3, 2017
Brodick
Funster No
MH
Low profile chausson
Exp
So I've heard

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thank you for your reply, I wish you were my next door neighbour.
The rooflight is a heki 3 +.
I'll keep searching.
Spooky !
That was the last one I did.. ( this very morning ! Fortunately I seem to have run out of friends with faulty Heki units now !!!

The axle cables are about £47 + vat a pair.. takes about 45 minutes to completely strip the gearbox and other bits off, do the repair and rebuild it all..
In case you are wondering, there is no need what so ever to disturb the seal twixt roof and Heki..

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
order the parts come to a rally and sit outside your van with the bits in no time you will have a crowd of experts to help you for further advice on this method speak to haganap

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back