[Req] Do Travellers/Itinerants/Gypsies use Tourist Motorhome Parks?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by FrCrilly, May 28, 2009.

1. FrCrilly

FrCrilly Read Only Funster

Hi All,

I’m presently researching to buy a motorhome. As motorhome holidays have strong similarities to a travellers/itinerants/gypsies way of life, does it ever happen that they actually stop off at European tourist designated motorhome parks? If yes, is it common or is it a rare occurrence? Also if yes, do they arrive individually or in large numbers?

All help appreciated. Thanks in Advance for all Responses.

2. strathspey

strathspey Read Only Funster

3. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

define a gypsy

4. strathspey

strathspey Read Only Funster

A member of a nomadic people of Europe, of Hindu origin, with dark skin and hair, and speaking a language (Romany), related to Hindi.

5. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

You have to pay to stop on campsites.

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

we are all nomads, all travellers some are fulltime, some new age and others like me old age travellers. The Romany are a proud people with long traditions and way of life I suspect only a very small proportion of those called "gypsies" today are indeed of the Romany race. The rest are really no different to you and I people who like to live and travel a mainly mobile life albeit in family groups. Some good some bad, some clean and some untidy just as in all walks of life. I do hope this thread does not devolve into a witchhunt of travelling people.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFCTv3ZWuCQ]YouTube - 167. I'm a Freeborn Man (Ewan MacColl)[/ame]

7. billym

billym Read Only Funster

Not quite sure what a European designated motorhome park is but generally you are
    likely to find fairly large groups of such people on any site at some time or other.
    In 9 years of living on sites in UK and Europe we have never had any cause to complain about
    any of them. Often the opposite in fact.

We did see a young kid with a gun at Gruissan Plage aire but we also saw him getting a beating off his grandma for playing with it !!!!!!!!!!!!

More and more are now travelling in campers and motorhomes so they can use aires and sites.

We have recently had two decent RVs on this site in England with two large families of
    that fraternity. Never seen them in RVs before.

Anyway, treat them OK and I will almost guarantee they will do the same to you.
    ( can't guarantee what they get up to off site though:RollEyes:)