Renew insurance on my Spanish reg MH

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Billy23, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

My Spanish reg MH is due for insurance renewal in September and I wondered if anybody with a Spanish reg MH could suggest any insurance companies -in Spain of course- that they use as I would like to shop around and get best price.

Thanks for any help.:Smile:

2. tullie

tullie Read Only Funster

Hi Billy23,

Have you tried looking at any Spanish MH magazines?

Sorry I can't help with your insurance query but seeing that you have a Spanish reg MH and are based some of the time in Spain I wondered if you knew of a place which does MH repairs and spares. I am currently near Malaga.
    Also, did you re register your MH with Spanish plates or buy here? I have a UK reg Hymer originally imported from Germany and may be thinking about re registering it here as if it is the same with cars anyone over 25 can drive it with the owners permission.
    Tullie

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

http://www.blackfriarsgroup.com/overseas/motor_insurance_spain.htm

We have used this company for a number of years, they have us with a company called Ibex Insurance Services Ltd which i believe are based in Gibraltar. Give them a ring.
    Forgot to say I sorted this out for my sis that lives in spain and only occasionally comes over here

The insurance documents are printed in english and spanish so no probs either side when and if you need to produce them anytime

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Thanks for the info chatter I will check it out later as I am on holiday in UK and go to Spain on Sunday from Plymouth.

5. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Have a look at these.

The first once we are insured with at the moments as they are a) English speaking with docs in English. b) The only ones (at the time) who offered Fully Comp for our 20 year old MH.

The second one we are exploring (for cost) now is a Spanish company with a very good reputation in the Spanish MH community. They also now offer Fully Company, but don't know if vehicle aged limited, hence exploring now.

1. http://www.abbeygateinsure.com/

2. http://www.mvaseguradores.com/

Regards Bryan

6. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Thanks Bryan

Tried to insure my house with Abbygate a couple of years ago and because I asked them questions as to what was and wasn't insured, they told me to take my business some other place.....so I did, they also said that they wouldn't do business with me ever again, what they are like if you need to claim I don't know .......but whatever you do don't ask questions, like what do I get for my cash!!!!!

Thanks for the second one I will give them a try, I am happy with the one I have at the moment, it's just about getting a good deal.

Cheers

7. bryandh

bryandh Funster

You could also look at some of the advertising banners which "pop up" on this website below which is a site similar to this one for Spanish MH'ers

http://www.acpasion.net/foro/activity.php

Regards, Bryan

8. Xabia

Xabia Funster

Lifted from another forum, hope it helps:

Paula López-Ulloa Ortega

BROKER-SEGUR, S.L

C/. Río Ulla,7-28017 Madrid

Tel.91.408.78.41 Fax. 91.408.75.56

e-mail: paula.lopez-ulloa@broker-segur.es

Paula speaks English have had my Hymer with them for 5 years until i sold it last week.
    They are brokers and the policy was with Alianze.
    Good luck.