Free Member
Jul 28, 2013
Stoke
Funster No
MH
Convertion
Exp
Since 2009
Hi. I would like to fit a remote light control to my ceiling light in my van, save rummaging around when returning in the dark. Have got the unit of eBay, but would still like to be able to use the switches in the van. My question is would a 5 pin relay be the best way to have 2 supplies to one light or is it possible to use diodes to prevent back flow down the other supply? Not sure if I made that clear but any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just wire a single pole relay across the existing switch. Either turn it on, both must be off.

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
You could put a changeover relay at switch and change swith to two way which then is a true two way Ive attached a sketch

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the relay would introduce a current drain on the battery when off hookup so it would be best to convert the circuit to 2 way switching if the remote switch allows this

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Certainly would unless you go solid state even then draw is still there unless use a low draw relay in its quiesent state

Or go to the range or cost co they are doing remote led downloghts cheap at mo, leave one under the shelf somewhere

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back