Remoska snail I get one ? Have oven (1 Viewer)

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
I'm having one of those fad moments. We have an oven in the motor home but do I need a remoska too ? Have BBQ gas camping stove diablo etc etc. Do I get one ? Is it worth it if I have an oven anyway?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Personally I would say yes, assuming storage space isn't an issue. I use mine at home a lot and rarely use my home oven. However I do live alone!!!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I'm debating this to Gazza but we don't get on hook up that often it would be great if it could be run of inverter from solar panels . I would like a Mr D thermal cooking pot as well as it requires no gas or electric after the initial brining food to cooking temperature but a
All the old models have been sold and don't think the new version will be any good for us .
Regards Kate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I'm debating this to Gazza but we don't get on hook up that often it would be great if it could be run of inverter from solar panels . I would like a Mr D thermal cooking pot as well as it requires no gas or electric after the initial brining food to cooking temperature but a
All the old models have been sold and don't think the new version will be any good for us .
Regards Kate

We bought a Mr Ds last summer and have found it great, what is different about the new one. We also have a remoska and have no oven in either the house or van. It runs fine on an 800 watt generator though we have not tried it with an inverter.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We bought a Mr Ds last summer and have found it great, what is different about the new one. We also have a remoska and have no oven in either the house or van. It runs fine on an 800 watt generator though we have not tried it with an inverter.

The new Mr D is only 3 litres I think . Mr D said he is having a larger model soon so we are going to wait on that or if a second hand older model comes up will have that instead. I talked at great length with him about it. I also talked to quite a few people who have the older model and they have all have said they were very pleased with it and wouldn't be replacing it with newer model .
As for using a genni that's a no go for us hubby hates gennies lol
Regards Kate

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Judging by the thread title I think you want a slow cooker.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I recently purchased a new one but bought online from abroad. A lot cheaper than Lakeland even with their 20% discount this week.

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Oh what to do ? May go the same way as my must have soup maker though . Used twice now sits in a box in the cupboard Anyone want to swap for a used twice Morphy Richards soup maker

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We have a soup maker, used only once, thought we would be able to cook a decent size batch and freeze, but only makes enough for two decent servings. It must find a new home.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Oh what to do ? May go the same way as my must have soup maker though . Used twice now sits in a box in the cupboard Anyone want to swap for a used twice Morphy Richards soup maker
If you have an oven and like it you probably don't need a remoska.
Pros : 400 watt, you can use it outside the van if you have access to electric, keeps the van cooler, non stick,
Cons : needs electric, doesn't really do anything a hob and an oven can't achieve. Takes up space.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I have a Remoska, a slow pot and a gas oven in the van.
The Remoska & slow pot come into their own in the winter when we have hook-up, but we live in our van so life is a little different!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
My wife has a soup maker. It's called Bob, a blender and a pan! So, so simple to make with one saucepan and basic ingredients, just blitz to finish add a splash of cream and voila! Perfect soup (nearly) every time.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013

I'm a sucker for gadgets and bought a Remoska after reading all the positive comments on here. I didn't get on with it at all and sold it to a Funster. Bought it from abroad and can't fault their service.

I use a halogen oven, slow cooker and the MH oven if necessary.

We're all different and you don't know til you try. Unfortunately it could be an expensive mistake.

I was only briefly tempted by a soup maker (Xmas TV ads) but know it would very soon be gathering dust in the cupboard with all its other redundant mates.

Karen

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I use my remoska in mh with inverter and it works very well would not be without it as can make a lovely stew or whatever you want anywhere anytime just switch on inverter and he presto remoska works lovely. But you do need good battery power and don't recommend using one on a single battery as will pull it down past 50% but overall great cooker than can cook almost anything and saves gas when you need to conserve it for availability

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
If you have an oven and like it you probably don't need a remoska.
Pros : 400 watt, you can use it outside the van if you have access to electric, keeps the van cooler, non stick,
Cons : needs electric, doesn't really do anything a hob and an oven can't achieve. Takes up space.
We have a full cooker in the van and also a remoska, that applies for home too, The remoska is a smaller area to heat and cooks a whole chicken and veg faster than when put in the oven. properly cooked, tested with meat thermometer. Uses minimal electric, so when on hook up use that quite a lot saving my gas for when off grid. this is one item that if i had forgotten to take I would turn back for. We use them as extra ovens at christmas.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We bought one after reading @Jim's tale of woe breaking theirs.

We don't use it daily admittedly but it comes in extremely handy for cooking foods when you need a bit more of a window timewise, as it's faster than a slow oven, but slower than a conventional oven. In our van we have a large Dometic electric oven, and a conventional gas oven, yet we still use the Remoska a lot

Excellent for jacket potatoes, really succulent roast chicken and things like roasted peppers and aubergines, but rubbish for a decent roast of beef.

We run ours happily of the inverter as it is only rated at 750w

We bought ours from Alza and we're very happy with their service

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
can never understand soup, why do you need it , why not have your food separate as it comes instead of blunging perfectly good ingredients up to a liquid.(n)(n)

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
I use my remoska in mh with inverter and it works very well would not be without it as can make a lovely stew or whatever you want anywhere anytime just switch on inverter and he presto remoska works lovely. But you do need good battery power and don't recommend using one on a single battery as will pull it down past 50% but overall great cooker than can cook almost anything and saves gas when you need to conserve it for availability

What size battery bank / inverter do you have ? I have 250ah of battery but no inverter as yet.

Oh no, I was just coming round to thinking I don't need one and now I'm thinking of getting one and an inverter.

There's a reason I work so hard, it's so I can't sit at home wondering what to buy next I hate bank holidays . I even volounteered to be on call

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
The wife's just reminded me this time last year I just had to have one of them candy red kitchen aid mixer thingies as I've always wanted one. Got one, two loaves of bread and a Victoria sponge later, it looks great on the kitchen top. Mostly use it to mash potatoes now as I'm too lazy to use the masher

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I have 2 x 140amp batteries linked to 3 X 100w solar panels and a 1800w pure sine wave inverter and this set up runs everything I need including my bread maker and microwave but only 1 at a time hope this helps Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi, in the process of buying a ramoska, ( thanks @Hils and Glenns with the info on Alza, they are a lot cheaper than Lakeland ).would be grateful for any info from anyone who has bought one from Alza, ie. are they the same as Lakeland and was the service ok.
Cheers Mew.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Sorry just noticed @eddievanbitz that you answered both my questions in an earlier thread, you seem happy enough with your purchase of the Remoska from Alza.
Thanks Mew

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
would be grateful for any info from anyone who has bought one from Alza, ie. are they the same as Lakeland and was the service ok.
I bought one from Alza, its just the same and arrived very quickly. The difference might be the guarantee, I think the Lakeland one offers a very long one.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
If you are frequently on EHU and have the room to keep one, it may be worth having. We are seldom on hook-up and the oven running off lpg tank is the way to go for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back