Remis Roof Light Condensation?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Tootles, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Tootles

Tootles Funster

Has anyone experienced a problem with condensation collecting inside the inner ceiling trim of a Remis roof light?? Checked the truck after the recent heavy rain, fine, but decided to pop down yesterday following the three night cold snap, and it appears that water is dripping, (in tiny quantities), from the edge of the inner plastic ceiling trim. Checked today following a night of heavy rain and sleet, nothing....... o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
    Any ideas???

2. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Got any pictures? I have a Remis on mine but don't experience the problems you're having. I'll check mine tomorrow morning and see if there's any condensation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. vin0114

vin0114 Funster

could it be frost condensation?

4. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

It's leaking

5. Tootles

Tootles Funster

OK, this is the model.......

remis.jpg
    And this is the inner. It is formed on the inside by a series of box sections, (probably to give it strength). It 'lives' inside the outer main window unit, and only touches the van on the lip. It seems as though the box sections are filling with water......But not when it rains. The water drip is showing at the red arrows. Is it possible for these box sections to condensate inside??????

remis1.jpg

6. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Sorry Toots, mine is completely different to yours. Hopefully someone will come along soon with an answer for you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

Wet days, grey skies. No solar gain. Cold days, bright skies. M/H warms up through the day encouraging any existing dampness into the air. Van cools down when the suns gone. Roof light cools relatively quickly. Airborne moisture condenses on coolest bits. Drip.

• Like Like x 2
  8. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

My Bolero used to have condensation on inner metal surfaces when I first bought it, I learned that cracking open a side window a fraction has eliminated it, I also have an oil filled radiator plugged in , set on the frost setting, no trouble lately.

• Like Like x 1
  9. markh

markh

Always a problem keeping your van outdoors, mine lives in a heated garage along with my race bikes, no need to drain down in winter and always ready to go

• Like Like x 2