East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We used a Relais truckstop for lunch today for the first time!:smile2:
And it was tres bon.:grin2:
13.50 euros each for a four course meal with wine and coffee.
I know most of you know, but If anybody wants to know the procedure,you pay at the bar,and you get a ticket for the meal,complete with wine,and a
ticket for a coffee.A waitress takes your order for a main meal,
then you help your self to the buffet starter and wine.After your
starter they serve the rest,main ,cheese,desert then finally your
coffee.:smile2:
What a lovely meal at a bargain price,try it!:smile2:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Les Routiers, I have used them for many years. Many have shower facilities and overnight parking is free. The best kept secret in France. Meals served between 1pm and 3 pm and 7pm till 10pm. Motorhomes are welcome as long as you eat and dont just use the parking facilities. Some of the best nights out I have ever had have been in these establishments. When you consider you will possibly pay 25 Euros for one nights camping on a campsite the Routier is superb value.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
And what's more there's a little app called truckfly, it works pretty much like these camp finder apps but instead of camps it's truck stops, and it tells you around you or you can search other places, I know it works on android but havnt tried it on iPad.
By the way it's free, so can't hurt to give it a try(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_0632.JPG
Just a small example around Calais

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Les Routiers, I have used them for many years. Many have shower facilities and overnight parking is free. The best kept secret in France. Meals served between 1pm and 3 pm and 7pm till 10pm. Motorhomes are welcome as long as you eat and dont just use the parking facilities. Some of the best nights out I have ever had have been in these establishments. When you consider you will possibly pay 25 Euros for one nights camping on a campsite the Routier is superb value.

Don't tell everyone !!!!
On the contrary, these places want pushing as much as possible, nothing to touch them for cheap simple meals, we always search for them, and as you travel around the country just notice how many have closed down with the old , les routers sign still hanging there, they need all the help they can get before it's all gone to motorway Aires.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
On the contrary, these places want pushing as much as possible, nothing to touch them for cheap simple meals, we always search for them, and as you travel around the country just notice how many have closed down with the old , les routers sign still hanging there, they need all the help they can get before it's all gone to motorway Aires.

Quite correct sir, I'd overlooked that situation and put it in the same category as giving 50,000 forum readers details of my favourite hideaway aire. :)
I'm a frequent Relais and Routier diner - great food value and great atmosphere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
We had many more in the old times when there were less motorways . We were all using national roads.... I've been many a time in Routiers (at that time they had all somewhere on their windscreen "Les routiers sont sympas") with my parents. We loved their meals ...and the quantity!!! Lovely memories...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Some like to plan there route with campsites. Personally, I plan mine with 8 or 9 hour drives between Routiers if am in a hurry. If not I just amble along making sure am parked up by 6pm on a good Routier for the night. Meals include wine so you do not want to be having lunch with a couple of aperitifs followed by a bottle of plonk and a coffee calva then start driving. Its easy to plan your route from this site, just click on the area you plan on stopping and when the area Routiers come up, click on the one nearest your route. All information is then given on the Routier of your choice. The important thing is not to be intimidated by the amount of trucks parked up. Truck drivers are a friendly bunch and generally enjoy a bit of foreign company. If its your first visit to one of these establishments its a good idea to introduce yourself at the bar and take an aperitif before sitting down, as these places are generally patronised by regular customers on regular runs. I guarantee once you have tried a Routier they will become part of your holiday. There is a reason why you do not see French workmen and truck drivers carrying a butty box. http://www.relais-routiers.com/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back