Red Light on dash (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Just been up to Pickering for the war weekend and then on to Whitby for the day. Unfortunately on the way to Whitby and also coming back, the red warning light kept coming on when the revs were about 2800 - 3000. Then on a couple of the steep hills, (Fylingdales going and Sleights on the way back) the engine just died and I had to pull over. Almost immediately it picked up again and I could continue. The light I'm referring to is the fuel injection one. It felt a bit like fuel starvation, but what I'm wondering is, could it be iffy fuel? Back in Pickering I put some BP Premium in (needed a second mortgage) and it seemed to improve things. Any advice welcome.
Forgot to mention it is a Fiat 2.8JTD fitted with Tunit re-map.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just an idea but it could be water in the fuel filter.

that would bring a light on and run badly if sucking water into the injectors

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi the two of us,
Have you tried a google search? Im sure I have heard this problem several times regarding the fuel injectors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for your replies. I have checked a couple of other forums as you suggested and there does appear to be a problem with an electrical lead to no.4 injector being a bit on the short side. Apparently disconnecting and re-connecting might cure it. I will try tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back