recommended campsite apps ?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by greyman1, Jul 21, 2014.

1. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

having finally got my android tablet to work ,i am now looking to add some apps relevent to using the motorhome both in the uk and in france . i have found a french camping car infos one [free] and a french aires one [£1.19] i was hoping to find a municiple campsite one but so far i havnt. can anyone recommend any that are worth having ? cheers garry

2. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Camping car infos I quite handy, when you find a site you fancy just hit the route button and it gives you a choice of mapping software on your device to navigate with, I have Tom Tom on the iPhone so it puts the coordinates straight in.

3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

You can get an Alan Rogers campsite guide for free. Also ACSI do a free guide as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Motorhome Parkings and Mobile Life both excellent aps. mobile is in German but easy to understamd. lf you click on what you like links to the full site.

5. OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers Funster Life Member

Have you got the Camping Car Infos app to work offline? It works fine for me when connected to the internet but nothing when I touch the offline button or is it because my Nexus7 doesn't have enough memory for offline mode. Of course when out in the Motorhome most of the time will be without a connection.
    Steve

6. greyman1

no, it said when i installed the camping car info app that it requires a internet connection to work . the aires app that i paid £1.19 for will work without a internet connection.

7. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

8. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

9. chaser

chaser Funster

If that's the one that is green with a white mh on it, it's fantastic , we've been all over France with it ,you just tap the icon and it tells you all the aires around you, you then again tap the one you want and it navigates to it. A link to it is on all the water stations on aires.
    Honestly you can look and look but all you need is that app and alltheaires book and you are done

10. chaser

chaser Funster

For way of a change, I know you are looking for apps but the French passion book is worth having as well, especially the new one that has all the coordinates in, bit of a struggle finding them with the old books

11. chaser

chaser Funster

Sorry another thing , that aires app , once you have paid you don't have to pay again to put it on your other android devices

12. greyman1

thanks guys,yes that is the aires app that i have, it is a good campsite one i could do with now. esp one that would work offline if poss . i know there is a french "camping municiple" website but it doesnt seem to be available as a app . i have bought a number of camping sites books over the years but they tend to be full of all singing all dancing sites with facilities that i just dont need. does anyone know what the ALAN ROGERS guides are like for listing basic sites ?

13. chaser

chaser Funster

There's an Alan Rodgers app that lists sites all over the world ,it's free but maybe only ipad
    Sorry Europe not world:doh:

14. chaser

chaser Funster

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cobweb

Cobweb

Hi
    We downloaded the Campercontact and found it very useful during our trip in France ,Italy ,Austria and Germany this summer. It remains to be seen how
    useful it will be here in the UK but so far it has been well worth having .

16. Neilfg

Neilfg Funster

Not sure of your vehicle type, but the Fiat Ducato App is interesting needs internet connection but does more than just list vehicle details. It is one app that I have kept on the phone after trying some of the other free motorhome/camping related apps. but then we have a Ducato base vehicle.
    Just going to try the Alan Rogers app to see what that is like.