Rear warning Spain signage novice: question! Again!

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by gowboy, Jun 6, 2011.

1. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

Boy you lot are going to be sick of me...! (sorry etd approaching fast, just need to get as many facts straight as poss...)(...and seem to get lots of quick feedback here so thanks again in advance)

So... for driving in Spain I've been advised that I need rear warning plate to hang on rear of double-bike-carrier (diagonal stripes, red/white I think) to I assume "highlight protruding/overhanging load". (Carrier is well clear of number plate/lights btw). I haven't found anything to suggest this anywhere, am I being misled?:Confused:

Thanks
    Alistair

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

That is correct, must be fixed on the sticky outest bit of the bikes/luggage.. :thumb:

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

buy from most caravan accessory shops or our own Johns cross motorhomes (funsters discount as well).....about a fiver :thumb:

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

If youre getting a new one it might be worth paying the extra for the aluminium one as the plastic one is not legal in Italy (even though its made there :Doh:) Either will do for France / Spain

• Like Like x 1
  5. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

I had one on order that didn't arrive on time, so made one out of some white hardboard with painted red stripes and a couple of reflectors - it passed muster in Italy!:thumb:

You can always check hardware stores, or even salvage yards for a piece of aluminium - 2ft square. If painting skills are not good, you can use fablon type plastic - metal will last longer(but pad the back)!

• Like Like x 1
  6. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

Thanks for your replies

Cheers - Italian tip useful thanks (although I need to get through France and Spain first!!).
    Hopefully no special warning stuff required for Yorkshire, which is where my "dry-run" is to on Friday for :Eeek:a week!

7. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Dry-Run you expecting sunshine up there then:Rofl1:

8. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

...can't be as wet as Manc! Anyway, if i get wet on the outside i'll just have to make sure i'm wet on the inside...:Cool: