Rear Lamp (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Does anyone know where rear lamps can be purchased for a 2021 Chic E Line. I have attached a picture of the culprit. The stop light is not working and they look like they are all sealed LEDs. I have spoken to a dealer and they want the thick end of £300 and you don’t even get a free gift!! I will take it off again and see if there are any markings or names but I think not. Any help much appreciated as I need to get the first MOT in December for it.

IMG_6550.jpeg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It is probably a Hella unit made for Carthago so a Carthago dealer is your only option.
Try some German dealers, I've bought Hymer lights from German dealers at lot lower prices than in the UK.

Have you tried swapping the light unit with the other side to confirm it is the light unit that is faulty?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Does anyone know where rear lamps can be purchased for a 2021 Chic E Line. I have attached a picture of the culprit. The stop light is not working and they look like they are all sealed LEDs. I have spoken to a dealer and they want the thick end of £300 and you don’t even get a free gift!! I will take it off again and see if there are any markings or names but I think not. Any help much appreciated as I need to get the first MOT in December for it.

View attachment 838474
You might have to borrow one off a friend for the mot😉

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2010
Potton, Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Mick has suggested trying a van or lorry body shop to see if they can help. Our C Line one was replaced by a body shop after Mick hit our gate post. It’s bound to be costly though.

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
If it is the light unit at fault, it may be possible to take apart and repair. Got to be worth a try at those prices.

Geoff

OP
OP
Lazyboy
Apr 17, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
It is probably a Hella unit made for Carthago so a Carthago dealer is your only option.
Try some German dealers, I've bought Hymer lights from German dealers at lot lower prices than in the UK.

Have you tried swapping the light unit with the other side to confirm it is the light unit that is faulty?
Thanks Lenny. Power is there so I am fairly sure it is the lamp that has failed but I will swap over to be sure.
The only thing I can find on it is it is made in Romania
If it is the light unit at fault, it may be possible to take apart and repair. Got to be worth a try at those prices.

Geoff
That is the next part of the plan. Thanks.
You might have to borrow one off a friend for the mot😉
Not the sort of thing my friends could lend me. By the time I am done they may have to "lend" alcohol!!
Mick has suggested trying a van or lorry body shop to see if they can help. Our C Line one was replaced by a body shop after Mick hit our gate post. It’s bound to be costly though.
As you are at Potton you are not a million miles away. Can you remember the name of the body shop at all?

Aug 4, 2010
Potton, Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Thanks Lenny. Power is there so I am fairly sure it is the lamp that has failed but I will swap over to be sure.
The only thing I can find on it is it is made in Romania

That is the next part of the plan. Thanks.

Not the sort of thing my friends could lend me. By the time I am done they may have to "lend" alcohol!!

As you are at Potton you are not a million miles away. Can you remember the name of the body shop at all?
It was John Newman Bodyworks Ltd in Gamlingay.
Tel. 01767 650797

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If you get really stuck I could probably find a way to solder in New LEDs. Problem is they are often welded shut creating a sealed unit. A degree of force and the use of a dremel may be required

OP
OP
Lazyboy
Apr 17, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
If you get really stuck I could probably find a way to solder in New LEDs. Problem is they are often welded shut creating a sealed unit. A degree of force and the use of a dremel may be required
That is very kind of you. I am taking it to a local electronics guy to see what the possibility of a repair is. If that fails we may talk again about a repair which could be beneficial to others moving forward. I have to buy one for now as the MOT is due but I did get a better price from two more Carthago dealers. One had to order a lamp which was going to be 4
to 10 weeks delivery, too late. The other dealer had one in stock so I bit the (expensive) bullett!! For reference the difference in price was a staggering £80. I will keep you posted as to the success (or failure). I need a lie down now having just bought the most expensive lamp ever.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back