rattle and bangs

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Moodybrook, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

New to motorhoming, how long does it take to iron out all the rattles and squeaks. Second shake down cruise tomorrow !

2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

wrap tea-towel around grill pan, including between the grate and pan. Various things to stop bottles in cupboards moving - I particularly like a member on here suggesting socks, which I had never thought of.

Apart from that, careful packing and stowing will minimise noise - you will get used to it, and soon it will be fairly quiet in there!

If you have the storage beneath the cooker, this is a great area is use. Pack pots/pans/trays in a plastic container with a lid. They won't move and rattle then. You should have enough space for a couple of kettles, steamer and toaster etc

• Like Like x 1
  3. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Hi and welcome:welcomefunster:
    It took us several trips away to get them "reduced":Laughing:

As rainbow chasers have said tea towels and careful packing will minimise the rattles. It's a challenge to set off somewhere and see how far you can get before hearing a rattle:Doh:
    We use bubblewrap for the grill pan/rack, and we remove the shelf from the oven and wrap it in bubblewrap too. Just make sure you remove it all before lighting the grill or the oven:RollEyes:
    We fold a tea towel over a couple of times and put one under the Chinchilla glass lids on the hob and sink, otherwise these rattle like mad.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. stcyr

stcyr Funster

We're obviously missing out here ... no squeaks or rattles :Angry:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

stcyr......they should be so lucky.......:Doh: :Wink: :Wink::Rofl1::Rofl1:...when it squeaks and rattles at least you know some parts are still there and have not fallen off......

Poly Plastic exterior panels, fibre glass, conti board, screwed joints, plastic interior parts,body flexing on route...wind noise,...bottles, pans in cupboards, trays & tins in the oven...a recipe for noise....
    These are mobile motorhomes that move with lots of items that can rattle..they are different to cars......

STOP THE RATTLES & SQUEAKS.....that's a laugh...it is what Rainbow chasers said you can only minimise.....you will soon get used to it...and the noises do normaly stop when you park up for the night, week, month :RollEyes: :Doh: :Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  6. 4matt

4matt Read Only Funster

Funny thing about the MH none off those things bother me, however if I am in the car even the slightest rattle gets on my nerves.

The Shower-room door is the biggest bother in the van, but even that doesn't cause any distress. We seem to have a different mind set while in the van. But if you are bothered then the socks and tea towel thing seems good.:thumb:

7. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Rattles

Same here..... I think it is because every nook and cranny is packed to there is no space to rattle about:Rofl1:

The odd rattle seems to stem from the oven/shelf, but I cant be bothered taking shelves out etc.

Russell

8. laneside

laneside Funster

Apart from sticking the knife draw inset and the laptop in the fixed bed we do nowt else ---now either we have got immune to rattles or Rapidos are fairly rattle free

9. WillH

WillH Funster

Turn the radio up?

10. june123

june123 Read Only Funster

rattles and bangs

Agree with everything suggested and you'll never get rid of all the noise especially on a bumpy road. Our Burstner is the quietest MH we've ever owned but there are one or two small rattles we can't locate. We had a Peugeot Nuevo with the most awful rattles in the window blinds - metal springs inside plastic casing I think - we never could do anything about that. Get rid of what you can and live with the rest! Have fun.

11. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

It funny you bring up rattles squeaks as I get them on here I put it down to some of the funster s trying to think to much:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

12. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

don't bother....turn up the radio volume. :thumb:

But Seriously, after a while you don't notice the various rattles

13. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster