rapido quality (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Had our 7 series for 10 years problems limited to....

Bathroom floor cracked (after about 8 years)
Kitchen plug hole cracked (after about 5 years)
Gas regulator stopped working in year 10

That's about it really, all in all a very reliable van. I would have had another but fancied downsizing.

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I'm off to Belgium on Thursday to place an order for a rapido 9000 dfh ,going to 3 dealers to try and get the best price

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We have the 7090 on a Citroen 2.2 and love it.
It has plenty of power providing you remember to change gear on some hills and not let the revs drop below 2000 revs.
For me there are some minor niggles where a little more thought could have gone into some of the design, but having said that we've looked at many other vans before and since buying the Rapido and nothing else measures up within the price range, although our previous van, a Fleurette measured up to the Rapido, but then it is part of the same manufacturing group.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Old thread but have just bought a 2007 a class just over 6 metres long 2.3 engine left hand drive Rapido itineo LD610 these vans were not on my radar hoping We won’t be disappointed.
If it's any comfort we've been full-timing since Nov 19 in our 2011 low profile and everything is rock solid and works perfectly, couldn't have wished for better quality. Only problem so far was me redecorating with a glass of red wine today - luckily had Gardex applied to interior when we bought it and it seems to have done it's job of protecting the seat fabric

May 10, 2020
Newcastle upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
Rapido itineo
Exp
If it's any comfort we've been full-timing since Nov 19 in our 2011 low profile and everything is rock solid and works perfectly, couldn't have wished for better quality. Only problem so far was me redecorating with a glass of red wine today - luckily had Gardex applied to interior when we bought it and it seems to have done it's job of protecting the seat fabric
Thanks for that very reassuring how do you find living full time in it ? Are you in the UK ?

Mr mrs tupcox

Free Member
May 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
10 years
Check the floor inside and out .We had a 10 plate floor rotten.
Dealer took it back. Looked at 2 others both floors damp and rotten.
But other than that great vans, built well.
But all vans gave problems.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Thanks for that very reassuring how do you find living full time in it ? Are you in the UK ?
Full time is only challenging due to Covid. Luckily we were in France when it all kicked off early March so stayed here. Now very glad we did given the problems UK full timers seem to be facing.

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
I’ve heard mixed stories about Rapido build quality (as one subscriber put it “Think I got the one built after the Friday lunchtime plat du jour avec beaucoup de vin” ) but I have to say, I think it’s rather better on the whole than most things British built.
We’ve bitten the bullet and put down our deposit on a 705DF...... very low mileage and looks tidy. I’m having an external BBQ point fitted, along with a wind out awning......

I’m hoping that after 2 Hymers, we won’t be disappointed! 🤞

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
we are on our second and still generally pleased with everything. I've certainly spent more on the Fiat side of things than the Rapido part!!

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
We’ve bitten the bullet and put down our deposit on a 705DF...... very low mileage and looks tidy. I’m having an external BBQ point fitted, along with a wind out awning......

I’m hoping that after 2 Hymers, we won’t be disappointed! 🤞
that should have been a 7095DF ! 😖

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
We've just taken delivery of a new 886f. The build quality is second to none. We went over it with a fine-toothed comb before we accepted it, took us 4 hours. All we found was 1 light wired to the wrong switch and 1 tiny piece of trim tape loose. Both fixed in 10 minutes by the dealer.
Everything about it feels solid and well screwed together. Not at all like our previous Swift!

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
We picked our 7095DF up on Monday. The dealer (Simpson’s of Great Yarmouth) were brilliant! Nothing is too much trouble.

the only issue we have is the reversing camera isn’t working, though it was earlier!
we shall be going back anyway to have a tee piece fitted for the gas BBQ point and if it’s not rectified by then, it WILL be sorted.... 👍

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
One unhappy Rapido French owner. Let down by poor aftercare too which proves that finding a good dealer is as important as finding a good motorhome.

List of defects from 04:55

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Our first van was a 6-year old (at the time) small Rapido coachbuilt (709f), which we were impressed with, especially all the standard kit it had on board and the general finish.

Then we got a new Chausson, which we ran for 5 years and was fine, but the difference in build quality was evident.

So in 2016 we bought another new Rapido, but a van conversion this time - V68 - which again has been excellent.

And wouldn't hesitate to have a Rapido again next time... (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back