Random questions and campervan etiquette (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Hello all.

Well I've just booked my first trip away in the camper. Not going too far so just down to Edinburgh as I have a Stag do there next weekend, I also have family down there so they are coming round for a cuppa.

Anyway I have a few questions that have been niggling me so here they are....

1. What are the usual problems if the TV isn't working. I was told when I bought it that I would just need to turn on the maxview booster and it will pick up a freeview signal. I've tried everything and can't get it working, checked all connections, booster light is on but when I try to scan for channels nothing comes up and it doesn't show any signal strength at all. Any ideas? I have the little flying saucer shaped aerial on the roof and it seems in good nick.

2. With the temperature at a balmy 12 degress today (y) I had all the windows open to give it some air and one of the side windows just popped out. It seems to slip in to the groove on the outside of the van but surely it should be fixed in place? I got it closed and locked but a bit feart to open it again now. What if I get to Edinburgh and the temp has rocketed to 15 or so? :eek:

3. 3 isn't too much of a problem but what do most of you do for bedding? Do double bed sheets usually fit over the beds after they have been transformed at night, sleeping bags maybe? Is there places that could make up elasticated sheets fitted to size for the different beds?

Oh and the etiquette part. Had it out for a run and got a few waves from fellow campervaners, I take it it would be frowned upon when I didn't return the wave? I wont make this mistake again, we are all one :D

Thanks muckle.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Before you dump the aerial check there isn't a booster switch hiding in one of the cupboards. Last van I only had a chinaman hat aerial on roof and once I found the booster switch it worked well for the 5 years I kept the van.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Reduce the variables by plugging your home aerial into the MH telly. At least that way you'll know it all works OK and if your TV menus are like mine you'll need the practise.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back