Rail Rover ticket ??

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Sundowners, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Hi
    We met a young Aussie. couple in Alaska while doing our road trip----------------they are about to do the UK part of their trip---------------in the US they hired a little camper -------but apart from a little while in London and Scotland they don't expect to be here too long (not really a good time to be here---apart from X-mas time in London !) We thought a train or bus ticket that gives them unlimited travel would suit them--------I have been on the 'net and don't seem to be able to find a 'simple' ticket--------anybody know whats on offer for tourists here ??? They my even look at a Euro ticket but we imagine them to be so expensive, it may be cheaper to hire/buy a small camper??
    Thanks for any advice
    Nigel & Pamala

2. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Our eldest (16) is train and bus travel mad.
    He goes off with his friend ( shes not my girlfriend :Wink:) Helen all over the place , when we arnt away on a weekend.
    Getting off and visiting loads of towns and villages in the process .

He uses a Day Rover. This covers a specific area. In his case any where in West Yorkshire .
    £5.60 adults . £2.65 kids. You can use unlimited busses or trains for a day.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/prb3f085e093421db9efb81c011cf83f/details.html

Other areas have the same thing too.

Bev

3. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Thanks-------I will pass the info on:thumb:
    Nigel