LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Its a single DIN, for the van, its a nightmare system, even with the @The Happy Hooker reading the instructions its a nightmare.. All we want is something simple, with blutooth and USB if poss..

Dumb question, how can you replace a single DIN with a double DIN?

That is exactly what I want too. I went to Maplins and they tried to sell me a blue tooth which isn't that you tune your radio into and put the digeridoo on your sun vizor for when phone rings. You have to stay on the same music channel. . AND turn the digeridoo on when it rings ... seemed a bit dodgy when driving to have to pull vizor down and look for ON button.

They sent me to Halfords but I didn't have any confidence in what they telling me ..

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@ShiftZZ

Have a look at this one

Broken Link Removed

I'll admit to being a big fan of Pioneer kit but this one looks like it will do everything you want and isn't a bad price.

I'm not sure how simple you want but it definitely should be simpler to use than your Blaupunkt one.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I might consider one of these. At present I have a cheapo chinese truck satnav (which is surprisingly good). I wonder if it might be possible to transfer the mapping software to allow the vehicle sizing to be accomodated?

Wyn
Wow! Here's a surprise. I decided to buy this unit. I needed to 'modify' the dashboard slightly to accommodate it but apart from that installation was relatively straightforward. It all works very well apart from the fact that it cannot recognise its GPS Antenna. I wonder if it is faulty. I wonder if there is a way to test it?

Now here's the surprise. The mapping is held on an SD Card. The one supplied is American. I tried replacing it with the one from the cheapo Chinese satnav, you know, the one that allows vehicle size specification, and guess what? IT WORKS! It even has all the data like our 'favourites' 'recent destinations' etc. Very pleased.

Now just need to sort out the GPS Antenna problem and It'll be perfect.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back