Radio Aerial (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2016
Kings Lynn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican
Exp
Since 2013
Hi All, does anyone know where the aerial is on a Autotrail Mohican 06, as I have to retune my radio to a different frequency every few miles as I lose the station.?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
All radio station frequencies change every few miles, nothing you can do to the aerial will change that. I'd assume an 06 vehicle has a radio with RDS which automatically retunes the radio for you as required. Make sure that's switched on and working.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Chances are it utilises the tv aerial as most chassis cab vans have the aerial on the roof....obviously that has to come off for the motorhome bodywork.

As nicknic said, rds will retune but only national channels (radio 1/2/3/4 etc), not local/regional ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Floridalil
Feb 18, 2016
Kings Lynn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for replies, only asking as in our car radio 2 is on the same frequency all over the south of England, whereas in the mh 6 miles down the road I lose it!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for replies, only asking as in our car radio 2 is on the same frequency all over the south of England, whereas in the mh 6 miles down the road I lose it!
Sorry but it isnt....

Radio 2 broadcasts throughout the UK on FM between 88.1 and 90.2 MHz

Theres a lot of radio frequencies between 88.1 and 90.2 mhz.
Sounds like your RDS isnt working.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

As PJ says, it isn't.

Your car will retune it as often as it needs to, if you're on a motorway several times a minute isn't unusual.

When the display just shows the name of the station you won't notice it happening.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Some radios have a 'local' or 'regional' button that, when switched on, prevents RDS from moving away from a local or regional signal. Check that's not switched on.

OP
OP
Floridalil
Feb 18, 2016
Kings Lynn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican
Exp
Since 2013
Would still like to know where the aerial is, dont think it works with the status aerial.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I was told ages ago that they were fitted inside the door mirror. On another van it was in the hollow moulding that connects the cab to the M/H habitation section (it had a special name but can't remember what it is).
Whatever sort of antenna has been fitted by the factory it's sure to be rubbish. Why makers of expensive vehicles can't fit a decent antenna is a complete mystery to me. Even the most basic car has good radio reception but a £60k + M/H that we spend much more time in can't even pick up Radio 2 half the time.

Richard

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Hi All, does anyone know where the aerial is on a Autotrail Mohican 06?
If it's a Ducato Base, then most probably in the Nearside Door Mirror. We were still getting rubbish reception when we added a DAB Radio and eventually went for an external Aerial, purchased from DABonWheels. They have a great selection of FM & DAB Aerials.
John

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Our previous coachbuilt vans have always had pretty average (or worse) radio reception - aerial in the wing mirror.

But the new van came with an external fixed vertical aerial fitted above the windscreen - can't believe the difference it makes, especially in France. BBC Radio 4 (Longwave 198) perfectly clear as far south as Tours and Orleans, which was as far south as we went this time. Have never had much success previously, even with a freestanding portable radio as an alternative to the one in the van. Spent most of our trip around Brittany and UK radio was superb there - able to listen Radio 4 and Radio 5 (Medium wave).

Of course this van might have come with a better radio, but I think it's the aerial that makes the difference.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back