Quick Swivel Seat Question (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
I got one the other day for £30 posted. I think the seller has another left but for the passenger side. Its flat on both sides so i am thinking i could fit upside down. Only downside is the handle pointing down what will be a cut and weld to fix/change. Can anyone see any other problems or would it work?

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
does it rotate both CW and CCW ?

so .. upside down does it rotate in the direction required.. and does it lock in the correct position for driving ?

Just in from fitting the passenger one and kind of answered myself. It wont work as the handle will be on the bottom plate and not rotate with the seat. Shame as another for £30 would have been nice :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Just in from fitting the passenger one and kind of answered myself. It wont work as the handle will be on the bottom plate and not rotate with the seat. Shame as another for £30 would have been nice :D
Why would that matter? Both handles on my Hymer are under the bottom plate and remain where they are when the seat is rotated.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Why cant you fit it the correct way up?? Are the top and bottom plates of a different size, or is it the hole thing?? Personally, if it was just the holes, I would just re-drill.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Upside down? Hang it from ceiling?

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Why would that matter? Both handles on my Hymer are under the bottom plate and remain where they are when the seat is rotated.

Why cant you fit it the correct way up?? Are the top and bottom plates of a different size, or is it the hole thing?? Personally, if it was just the holes, I would just re-drill.

This handle is between the plates but spins with the top one so you are holding it in position as you spin. Let it go and it locks so this would be awkward if you were spinning and the handle was not.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This handle is between the plates but spins with the top one so you are holding it in position as you spin. Let it go and it locks so this would be awkward if you were spinning and the handle was not.
It may be awkward, but lets face it, it's not as though your spinning it all the time, and maybe you could thread the handle and add a short extension?? For £30.00, its a bargain, as you probably know. I would buy it at that sort of money, and have a play around with it. Not as if you cant sell it on...............o_O

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
It may be awkward, but lets face it, it's not as though your spinning it all the time, and maybe you could thread the handle and add a short extension?? For £30.00, its a bargain, as you probably know. I would buy it at that sort of money, and have a play around with it. Not as if you cant sell it on...............o_O

That is exactly what was going through my mind a few moments ago so went to buy it. The guy has took it off buy now and its got a few bids on it. He must have realised his mistake with the other one.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
That is exactly what was going through my mind a few moments ago so went to buy it. The guy has took it off buy now and its got a few bids on it. He must have realised his mistake with the other one.
Pity. You live and learn.......Another one will swivel into view. I'm sure. (y)

OP
OP
?

Deleted User

Sorry forgot to get back to this. Link to small as i need 40x31cm for the holes. Ill just sit tight :) as something will come up soon enough.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have one that came OFF mine as it made the seat too high and caught my legs on the wheel, I had to drive like a cowboy , bow legged.
I soon got fed up of that as the Transit wheel does not pivot and my little(now bowed) legs could hardly reach the pedals.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back