Purchasing additional warranty, habitation... (1 Viewer)

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
@Jim is this the correct area of forum? I have had several serious problems with habitation issues on a dealer special, now only 15 months old. After many emails and phone calls I have joined "Which Legal" £30 and also contacted Caravan Club legal help line, who have both offered very good consumer advice. Clearly my problems were covered within the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which puts the retailer in the firing line. The problem is "they" hope you will just get fed up and go away. I didn't and am awaiting a new shower tray being fitted!! Manufacturers only cover same and many other item for a period of 12 months. Are there any extended warranty plans you can purchase that are actually offered by "credible" companies. I might add "not" sold by motorhome retailers. For example removing a shower tray from a combined WC shower space is a considerable amount of work, remove Thetford toilet, remove basin cupboard unit etc, to get to the very lightweight plastic tray that is supposed to double as a floor!! Not a 5 minute job! Suggestions please.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the very lightweight plastic tray that is supposed to double as a floor!!

It will provided it is properly supported underneath. Plastic for waterproof and solid below for strength. However, time and time again in here we read about them cracking because the underneath is defective.

So whatever happens make sure the base is sound before they fit a new piece of plastic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back