Pre collection check list

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lamby55, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Lamby55

Lamby55 Funster

Can anyone supply me with information before I collect a new MH. They are so complicated regarding water pumps, heat exchangers etc. is there a commonly know check list I should go through before signing the cheque? I would prefer to leave the dealership without the MH and pick it up at a later date than to go on my first trip and find that we do not have a working fridge or no heating.

I must say that this is a hell of a site for knowledge, thank you everybody.

Brian

2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

look on the homepage on the lefthand side find DOWNLOADS
    then useful tools
    pre delivery checklist

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

You should get at least an hour plus detailed handover and everyhting should be demonstrated to you in full working order.

Stay locally for a couple of nights and use everything to find any niggles, then you can go back straight away.

A good dealer should not object.

Peter

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

have everything demonstrated and video it because you will not remember which switch does what. Make sure you can turn the water and gas on and off. how you you dump the water and waste, winter drain down etc. The site owner Jim sells a motorhome checklist that contains a list for everything, he also sells the motorhome buyers guide that will save you pounds.