Powered Bicycles Nottingham - Trikes

Discussion in 'Bikes and eBikes' started by Dave and Ginny, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Just wondered if by any chance anyone has bought a battery trike from WWW.poweredbicycles.co.uk in Long Eaton, Notts? For a small business they seem to have a very comprehensive range of ebikes including this Trike that we're currently thinking about for Ginny. She liked the look and feel of this model the City Trike retailing at £1600, which in the overall scheme of all things electric bikes seems a pretty good price. Conforms to all regs so we're told, including pedal assist only.

1.1414DPP_1831.jpg

No garage to put it in, but have towbar with motorcycle carrier that I have a mod in mind that can adapt it to carry a Trike no problem.

Wondered if anyone has a Trike and has any views or experience?

2. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

We bought Sue a Batribike electric trike a few weeks ago for less than £1300, and it really is a super piece of kit. Quite narrow wheelbase at the rear so it fits in our garage, has all the kit and is 100% legit with a 4mph throttle, lights etc and also has a tilting switch so you can lean in corners if you wish. It looks well made and we are delighted (especially Sue who lost her confidence in 2 wheelers when she nearly fell off into the the Kennet and Avon canal, but that's another story.)

Just one question. I can't see the battery on your pic?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

If she wants to look cool how about this one.
    upload_2016-6-18_11-59-6.png

• Like Like x 3
  4. Terry

Terry Funster

While we were at Thetford the other week there were some leccy bikes and a trike -bikes were 500 and the trike was something like 700 if I remember right :rolleyes: no idea if any good but do remember I thought them cheap for the asking price -Just down a little past Jones butchers

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

I'd need a bigger MH :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

That's really very cheap for an electric Trike? We looked at some pedal only models and they were £750!

7. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

We had a look at one of the tilting frame models the other day...it was also on a good offer as an ex demo model. I liked it but Ginny didn't get on too well with the tilting bit though as balance not what it should be!

Apparently, Batribike have halted production for the time being, something to do with the paint? I only learnt this as the dealer rang them to see if they had any fixed frames available.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. mowbotman

mowbotman Funster

Looking for an electric tandem