Powder Coating wheels (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2023
Funster No
MH
Wildax Altair RS
I'm looking at getting my wheels powder coated black. No idea how it works or how long it takes.
Is it done in one day or do I have to leave my van with them?
Does anyone have an idea of the cost please.

Thank you

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I’ve just been quoted £60 a wheel with RS Wheel Refurbishment, Sheffield. One of their mobile agents lives locally so he’ll take them in.
That’s for tyre removal, weights removal, chemical dip strip, any repairs, refit of tyres and balancing.
I’ll be rounding off the edges of the holes with my Dremel before they go in, It’s always been around there that the lacquer has started to peel.
As said in post #20 above, you have to be sure exactly what’s included.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Diamond cut never seems to last. I know Volkswagen had tons of warranty claims on their diamond cut alloys because they often wouldn't last two years before the finish failed and they oxidised. I think I'll just get my Fiat ones flat powder coated when they get ugly enough.
I have Hymer diamond cut alloys and van is six years old they were as good as new Except tyre fitters made a mess of two of them I think good quality wheels are not a problem😊👍

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I have Hymer diamond cut alloys and van is six years old they were as good as new Except tyre fitters made a mess of two of them I think good quality wheels are not a problem😊👍
Like these?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back