Potes Spain. Anyone been?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Bartyfixedit, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Bartyfixedit

Bartyfixedit Funster

We are heading off to northern Spain on Wednesday and there are a few places around Potes that the wife said she would like to visit. There are two campsites just outside potes, both in the ACSI book. Anyone used either of them?

Cheers,

David.

2. zulurita

zulurita Funster

We stayed a couple of nights at the parking at the monastery which is higher up than the campsite.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer Funster

Now back in Sarfend for a couple of months.
    We used La Viorna some years ago. I remember it as tiered, good facilities and great views.
    We walked into Potes town a couple of times - quite a walk as I remember but pleasant.
    In Potes town, there is, or used to be, a small hardware shop - just off the square. A Real Aladdin's Cave - full of..... stuff :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. jumar

jumar Funster

Great place to visit, we have many times, both campsites offer different values which the price reflects. If the cable car is running at Fuente De then this is a good way of getting up to see the views, however there is still a fair amount of snow around. Choosing a site out of the valley floor could be beneficial to catch the sun and reward you with the stunning views.
    Finally the drive to Potes is very interesting in a motorhome. Hope you enjoy your stay there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. berni109

berni109 Funster

We stayed at the site mentioned above on the road up to the monastery. Good site and facilities but a fair walk to town.
    I would stay there again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bartyfixedit

Bartyfixedit Funster

Thank you all for your kind assistance. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, been busy packing. We shall certainly give potes a try, I'll report back.

Thanks again,

David

• Like Like x 1