Portugal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by stephen wormald, Oct 25, 2009.

1. stephen wormald

stephen wormald Read Only Funster

:thumb::BigGrin:Hi everyone,
    Is anyone going down to Portugal between Christmas and New Year and would like to travel together. We have never gone this far in the winter and are a bit dubious about it all. we have been told by other people Bordeaux, San Sebastian to Salamander and then down to Faro is the best route for the sun.

Hope to hear from all interested
    Steve and Judith:
    :thanks2:

2. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

Roqueta de Mar

We spend Xmas at Roquetas de Mar south of Almeria and then drift west into Portugal around mid /late Jan. Its in the CC book under Almeria A good Brit group there and plenty to do. IF you visit look for the flag on my rear widow of my Auto Sleeper Sigma:BigGrin:

3. JJ

JJ Funster

Hi Steve and Judith,

I spend every Christmas and New Year in the Eastern Algarve but I don't use sites (although there is a "brand new" one very near where I stay.

My route is as you suggest... after Salamanca head for Portugal (new road practically finished) and just south of Guarda there is a new, free motorway all the way to Lisbon. From Lisbon to Faro there is a pay motorway but the "free" road is mostly pretty good.

I will be in Portugal from Nov 7(ish) until the middle of March. PM me if you would like my contact number in case you need more info/help etc...

JJ