portable compressor fridge freezer (2 Viewers)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
So about 24ah/24hr so one amp on average. Sounds about right but as I said, depends on thermostat setting and ambient temp etc 👍
Missed that it’s for a 24 hour period then not per hour. So should be ok for a few days if charged by solar.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
2.5A x 24hr = (up to) 60Ah/day.
I used to use a Dometic one. Boy was it heavy, especially when full of food. Poor thing had to work overtime in the garage, as it got very warm in there. Cannot afford the payload now...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
2.5A x 24hr = (up to) 60Ah/day.
I used to use a Dometic one. Boy was it heavy, especially when full of food. Poor thing had to work overtime in the garage, as it got very warm in there. Cannot afford the payload now...
Even 60 ah per day for us is doable. As for pay load we can use It fully loaded but will have to sort out the weights to make sure we’re never 5% plus over.

Jan 22, 2018
Sunny Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Nearly reasy to buy!
I bought a slightly bigger one Link a few months ago and I’ve been ‘road-testing’ it in Spain for the last few weeks. Really works superbly. I’ve been running it off 12v and as part of the revised solar setup, our drinks have all been cooled by the Sun… quite satisfying…

However I am never spending another £ € $ with Vevor… bloody useless company!

Also, the Apicool Bluetooth app is bloody useless… keeps hanging/freezing (pun) in use…
Hi, can you tell me if this has a separate freezer compartment please- looking at replacing my 3-way Thetford as it’s a bit useless on gas/12v in this heat, but think I would miss my little freezer compartment.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Hi, can you tell me if this has a separate freezer compartment please- looking at replacing my 3-way Thetford as it’s a bit useless on gas/12v in this heat, but think I would miss my little freezer compartment.

Hello - no it doesn’t. It’s either a fridge or a freezer, so only one temperature at any given time. I’ve used it as both very successfully… the product is excellent, the company selling, no so good!

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I have recently purchased a 60l dellonda over the moon with its performance very quite when running as its in the garage and we sleep over it and dual zone so you can use as a fridge, freezer or both at the same time.

They are sold in Australia under the Brass Monkey brand.

Jan 22, 2018
Sunny Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Nearly reasy to buy!
Hello - no it doesn’t. It’s either a fridge or a freezer, so only one temperature at any given time. I’ve used it as both very successfully… the product is excellent, the company selling, no so good!
Thanks so much for a quick reply! Another question, if you don’t mind, how much airspace, if any, does this need around it to operate properly?

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
My VEVOR 20L unit performed flawlessly this Spring in up to 37C. It will be for sale when (and if) the outfit gets back to the UK!

Jan 22, 2018
Sunny Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Nearly reasy to buy!
I have recently purchased a 60l dellonda over the moon with its performance very quite when running as its in the garage and we sleep over it and dual zone so you can use as a fridge, freezer or both at the same time.

They are sold in Australia under the Brass Monkey brand.

Thank you I’ll have a look at these

philmc79

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 4, 2018
East Manchester
Funster No
MH
LP Coach Built
Exp
since 2 weeks ago
Alpicool CF45 car fridge from Amazon ( dont know how to put a link up here )
I bought one of these from Amazon,
Used it at RIAT air show last weekend on our Inverter and it worked a treat changed the temp up and down ( +5 to -20 )and it froze water, milk, lolly's ( from the ice cream man? ) and even froze some of our beer's given the chance, same as the Dometic one but a lot cheaper, kept it in the garage so it was not cold in there as the temp on the camp site was average 32deg, so would recommend it, works of 240v and 12v.

Alesupper

Free Member
Dec 15, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP
I bought one of these a couple of years ago and it has been great. We use it as our beer fridge which means we can stock the van fridge full of food. We are in France at the moment and the Alpicool fridge keeps the beers at 5c despite it being 40c.

Alpicool K25 25 Liter Portable Car Fridge Freezer 12/24V Car Refrigerator Cooler Box,Electric Mini Fridge Freezer for Camping Campervan, Vehicle, Truck, RV, Boat, Travel, Pinic, -20°C-20°C
https://amzn.eu/d/9Q1B7AO

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back