Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
My Rapido came fitted with a Pioneer Radio. I would like to change the unit to a double din unit to include rear camera. Am I right in assuming Rapido do install such a Pioneer unit from new. If so can someone please tell me the model No.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Hi,

Some manufactures like Rapido, Cathargo and Hymer do use Pioneer as a chosen brand (but this has varied throughout the years) as an option extra which do they do use as a complete camera installation.

Pioneer as an example have a universal connection in the back of the head unit so a chosen universal camera can be used.

Other brand manufactured head units sometimes require adapters to be able to use universal cameras because they want you to purchase their own cameras (Like Alpine as an example)..

So their isn't a specific head unit for your motorhome and Rapido at the time would install what ever Pioneer were offering as the latest current Double-Din head unit whether it had DAB or not or Sat nav or not... that would be upto you?

Without seeing your current setup you would most probably also need to purchase a double facia adapter as well going from a single Din stereo to to a double din stereo..

hope this helps

James

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I can only say our 2016 Rapido V68 came with a Pioneer digital radio (single din) as standard, and very good it is too. Sorry, not sure which model.

I've been hugely impressed by the digital radio with FM / Medium / Long Wave. Digital works well in the UK, and we get BBC Radio 4 quite clearly on Long Wave until beyond half-way south in France. I suspect it may be as a result of having a decent factory fitted aerial on the PVC?

We had an after-fit integrated camera / brake light and a separate monitor on the dash, installed by VanBitz. So not linked to the radio in any way.

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
our 2008 merc based Rapido has a Pioneer Avic-F9 770 dab double din unit , nice bit of kit, don't think its available anymore.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back