LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi a friend has been given her sons old Iphone 4 hes upgraded to a 5 (I THINK)
it's on orange and she has taken it into unlocking shop who told her it cannot be done and offered to buy it ::bigsmile: IS he trying his luck or info correct?
terry

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Sounds cheap to me but I know nothing about these new fangled multi pirpose gadgets, I still have my old faithfull Nokia 9310:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
tell your friend to ask the supplier for the unlock code if it is out of contract they should do it as for unlocking from a shop on a iphone i aint sure if they can or not

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
My daughter gave me her old 3GS IPhone and I managed to get it unlocked at one of the many local £ shops.

However they did say you cannot upgrade the software as it will then revert to locked mode.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
There are many on Ebay saying they are unlocked but some say avoid unlocking via "Jailbreak"

I have seen reports saying this will not last, something to do with updating the OS.

Edit: Beat me to it Bob

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Terry if you go on to the orange website they should do it some do it free and some have a charge normally about £20 if you go to one of these local shops they will charge you £60 and just do it through the website.

We bought Sophie an IPhone 4S from someone who had got it new as part of their contract and didn't want it it was with Vodafone and as I was a Vodafone customer they sent me the code by text free of charge local shop wanted £60

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all thanks for all replies :Smile: she has bought a sim card that allows her to use it on Orange but wants to use it with her contract 3 phone, who should she contact ? Orange or 3 ?
I assume her sons on Orange as it take the Orange PAY go sim so if she gave it back to him would Orange give him a code to unlock? Or does she ring 3 ? S orry to sound a bit thick but I am getting 2nd hand information
Terry

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
If the phone was supplied by orange then they would provide the unlock code.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back